Chapter 34

~Yumi~

I didn't see Seokjin for the rest of that week. When Miyoung came over with some of her things, I was really surprised.

"You're finally moving in! Yay!" Seyeon grinned, popping out of nowhere. Behind her was Minseo and Jiyeon. It seemed like they'd gone to help Miyoung pack.

"Jimin suggested that it's better if I'm here," Miyoung said with a small smile. "I prefer to live alone but..."

"Are you not happy?" Seyeon asked, her face falling.

Miyoung shook her head, "It's not that I'm not happy. I'm just... not used to it."

"Well, get used to it," Minseo said, grabbing the box from Miyoung. "Come on. Your room is the one furthest from the other rooms. Jimin mentioned that you're still a student who's busy studying and needs peace and quiet."

"He even decorated it," Jiyeon said, turning her attention towards me. "Unnie, let's check it out."

I nodded and followed the girls. That must explain why there were so many people who came in and out the past week. Jimin must be buying furniture to put in that room. The thought of Jimin picking out furniture for Miyoung made me smile.

When we got there, I didn't bother trying not to smile when I saw how pink and girly the room looked.

"Oh my," Miyoung murmured, eyes wide. "Jimin did all of this?"

"You are so loved," Seyeon playfully knocked Miyoung with her elbow. "I'm jealous."

"I don't know about that," Miyoung mumbled, a tense smile on her lips. "It's just... a bit sudden."

"You're overthinking it," Minseo reassured her. "It was the same for me too, remember?"

"Will I be a bother?" Miyoung asked, turning to look at me. "I know you work from home."

I shook my head, "I was more worried about whether I'll be bothering you, Miyoung."

Miyoung beamed at that, shaking her head. "No way! Can I—can I hang with you sometimes then? It sounds crazy but even though I love being alone, it gets a little lonely sometimes."

I know that feeling so I told her that she can. To be honest, I like her a lot. Just like the other girls. If... if this thing with Seokjin works out then I'd be happy to have her as a friend too.

"Wait a minute," Minseo said, grabbing my wrist. Her eyes widened at the sight of the bracelet I got from Seokjin.

I blushed at the memory.

"Seokjin has a similar one, I think," Minseo said, eyes narrowing on it. "I thought it was for his outfit or something." Her eyes came to me, "If you don't already know, I'm Seokjin's number one fan and I notice these small details."

"Oh God," Seyeon blushed when she saw the shortcake charm, pressing her cheeks together with her hands. "He calls you shortcake, doesn't he?"

Jiyeon and Miyoung were grinning from ear-to-ear. With their attention on me, I couldn't stop my face from burning.

"I'm so jealous," Minseo groaned.

"What was it for?" Miyoung asked me. "A 'thinking of you' gift?"

"Or," Jiyeon gave me a knowing look. "A 'it reminds me of you' gift?"

I shook my head at their guesses. "It's actually a birthday gift."

All of them froze.

"Birthday?" Minseo repeated.

"Birthday gift?" Seyeon repeated, eyes wide.

"When?" Jiyeon asked, frowning. "I didn't know it was your birthday."

"Last week," I said, slowly. "Seokjin came to give me the gift and then he left. I haven't seen him since."

"Whoa whoa," Minseo said, holding up both her hands. "Let me get this straight. Your birthday was last week and you didn't tell any of us? I mean, you didn't have to, it's fine but your husband AKA my bias, Kim Seokjin, gave you a gift and then just disappeared? You two didn't celebrate?"

I shifted uncomfortably under their gaze. "Well, no. He's busy and I was really busy that time too."

"And here I thought Seokjin was the most romantic out of the lot," Minseo swiped away an imaginary tear as she looked at Seyeon. "Do you understand my pain, unnie?"

Seyeon patted her head, "There, there. I was shocked too when I realised the Yoongi on TV is different to the Yoongi in front of me."

"Hoseok is so gentle," Jiyeon sighed, happily.

"Jimin has a bit of a temper," Miyoung murmured. "But that's something that hasn't changed."

We didn't know it then but Miyoung's words held a lot of weight.

"Let's celebrate tonight then!" Seyeon suggested, grabbing my hands. "That's fine with you, right Yumi?"

I hesitated. "You really don't have to. I don't really celebrate my birthday."

I didn't like the pity looks they were giving me. It felt like they were trying to understand me or find out something about me. I felt so naked and exposed like this.

"We have to celebrate," Seyeon said, eyes determined. "let's hit the clubs!"

Miyoung clapped her hands, "That's what I need! After the long week I've had with my assignments, I need that break!"

She was such a bad actress but it made me smile at their attempts. So I agreed.

"Wait," Minseo said, turning her attention towards the lounge room. "I think they have an interview today. We'll go after watching their interview."

"You really are a fan, aren't you?" Jiyeon said, with a laugh.

It made me happy... knowing that there are so many people who are like Minseo, supportive and understanding of the members.

***

Every time the camera turns to Seokjin, I could feel my face heating up. He looked really good in his suit and I wasn't the only who thought that. Beside me, Minseo was squealing and shaking me, making me laugh.

"That's my bias," she sighed happily. "Why are you so perfect, hm?"

The next shot was on Taehyung who answered the question from their interviewer. This made Minseo clapped her hands, eyes full of love. You can see the love and adoration she has for him and him alone.

"That's my boyfriend," she beamed, eyes bright. "Isn't he the most beautiful person you've ever met?"

"Shh, we can't hear," Jiyeon said from beside her, though she was smiling.

"Ugh! Speak louder, Yoongi," Seyeon scowled, leaning towards the TV, "I can't hear this guy at all."

The camera moved back to Seokjin and my heart skipped a beat when the interviewer asked about the bracelet that looked "different" than jewelleries men would wear.

"Oh this?" Seokjin said, pulling back the sleeve for the whole world to see.

I held my breath, eyes pinned on him.

He gave the interviewer a sly smile, "My wife and I have matching ones. It's the only pair in the whole world."

"Is that so?" the interviewer laughed. "Who gift it to who?"

"From me to her," Seokjin said, running his fingertips over the bracelet, "It's our little inside joke."

And his eyes hit the screen, making my heart race. It was like he was watching and looking at me

My heart skipped a beat.

"Ohhh," the girls chorused.

I covered my face with my hands to hide myself as I was very embarrassed, I couldn't deny the fact that it made me happy.

Seokjin, you idiot.