Chapter 55

~Seokjin~

"Something about Yumi is off," Yoongi said, tilting his head to the side to look at Yumi who was talking with Seyeon.

The group was drinking and eating tonight. Everyone was there... everyone but Miyoung who was with her parents. Jimin was around but everyone could see he was in his head. As for Jungkook, he was outside the balcony, staring at the night sky. Seokjin made a mental note to talk to him to see if everything was okay.

Yoongi wasn't wrong about Yumi though. Ever since Miyoung came back, Yumi's been acting a little different. Miyoung was trying her hardest to stay away from the girls and to Seokjin's surprise, Yumi was okay with it. In fact, she doesn't even say much now about Miyoung's situation. It was not like her at all. Especially when they were the only two girls who are living with the members aside from Jiyeon who stays at Hoseok's house. Hoseok often stays there but tries his best to be around to support Jimin and Miyoung. It was hard though. For everyone as they were a family.

"I hate it how you guys can see it," Seokjin muttered.

"Huh?"

Seokjin shook his head and marched towards where Yumi was and grabbed onto her wrist. Pulling her towards him, he said to Seyeon, "I need my wife back."

"But we're partying," Seyeon blinked, already red in the face from the alcohol.

"Get Yoongi to party with you."

Seyeon pouted, "But he won't!"

"One of the girls then," Seokjin replied.

Seyeon scoffed and jerked her chin towards where the girls were. Taehyung and Minseo were pressed against one another in the corner with Minseo giggling at something Taehyung was saying. Hoseok was resting his head against Jiyeon's shoulder, eyes closed and face red from the alcohol. Jiyeon was babbling about something to Hoseok who was simply nodding but not responding.

"Why are you glaring noona?" Jungkook said, sliding an arm around Seyeon's shoulders. It seems like Jungkook decided to join them again.

"Jungkook-ah," Seyeon said, turning to face him. "We need to find you a girlfriend."

Jungkook choked at that. "What?"

Seokjin shook his head at them, amused before excusing himself and Yumi. Then he dragged her towards their bedroom.

"What's wrong?" Yumi asked him.

"I should be asking you that," Seokjin said, closing the door behind him. "What's with you, Shortcake?"

Yumi looked down at her feet. "Nothing."

"Yeah right," Seokjin snorted. "Look at me."

Yumi sighed and then lifted her gaze to meet his. He let his eyes roamed her beautiful features, telling himself not to jump her just yet. As much as he wants to run his hands all over her body, this wasn't the time.

"What's with you and Miyoung?"

She blinked, clearly confused by his question. It made Seokjin relaxed a little.

Good, he thought. So they weren't arguing or anything.

"What?"

Seokjin grabbed Yumi's waist, pulling her closer towards him. "Talk to me, Shortcake. If you two aren't fighting... why are you avoiding her?"

"I'm not," she lied.

He let out a soft chuckle. "Are we really doing this?"

Seokjin watched as Yumi bites her lip, obviously contemplating about something. He waited patiently for her to say something. Anything.

Yumi opened her mouth to say something but then closed them, looking away from him. It was almost... like she was ashamed of something.

Seokjin leaned down, brushing his lips along her jaw and smiled when he felt her shiver from his touch. He squeezed her hip, murmuring, "Talk to me?"

Yumi let out a sigh before leaning towards him, resting her forehead against his chest. In a soft but broken whisper, she said, "I can't... have children."