Chapter 47

~Yumi~

Jungkook was sitting on his own outside the balcony, just looking at the night sky. Something about him radiates loneliness and maybe that's why I ended up going out to join him.

The second my foot touched the wooden floor outside, Jungkook glanced over his shoulders and smiled at me.

"Hi," I mumbled.

Jungkook took a step to the side to make room for me. I rested my hands on the balcony, keeping my eyes on the night sky, feeling a little awkward now that it's just us two. Seokjin and Taehyung were at the company working on a new song together while Yoongi was at Seyeon's place. Hoseok was taking the day off to spend it with Jiyeon so he's not here too. As for Jimin, he and Miyoung are on a date right now. Namjoon? I wasn't sure where he went because he was gone the second I woke up.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

Jungkook slid me a look and grinned. "Is it that obvious?"

"Sorry," I mumbled.

"What for?" he turned his attention to the sky.

I didn't answer that, instead, I just ask him, "Do you want to talk about it?"

Jungkook smiled, eyes still not on me, "I'm just wondering how lucky you guys are."

I frowned. "What do you mean?"

Jungkook turned his whole body to face me as he leaned against the balcony, "You and Seokjin."

I tilted my head to the side, waiting for him to continue on. When he didn't, we just stared at each other for what seems like ages until it finally hit me. Could it be that Jungkook wants...

As if he knew what I was thinking, Jungkook reached out and tousled my hair, grinning. "I can't believe you're older than me."

I chuckled at his words. "Does it feel like I'm younger?"

"I wouldn't have minded," Jungkook said as he yawned and made his way towards the door. He stopped and looked over at me, eyes serious. "If it was you, I mean."

***

"Jungkook said that?" Seokjin asked, frowning. He was standing in the room, undoing the top two buttons of his shirt and stopped when I told him about Jungkook and my conversation. Seokjin just got back from the company and it was five in the morning.

"Uh..." I trailed off, forgetting to type. I avoided his gaze and went back to work. "Never mind."

After a few seconds later, the laptop was closed shut by Seokjin's hand. I looked up at him and was surprised to see him smirking.

"What?"

"He likes someone?"

"What?" I blinked.

"Does he like you?"

"Why would he like me?" I asked, confused. "I think he was just being nice?"

Seokjin crossed his arms and shook his head. "Jungkook has a thing for older women."

"Seokjin," I began.

Seokjin grabbed my chin, pulling me towards him as he brushed a hard kiss against my lips before pulling back. He dropped his gaze to my lips and murmured, "I'm not jealous, Shortcake."

I brushed his hand away and scoffed, "Good. You're not the type who will get jealous anyways."

"Why are you still up?" Seokjin asked as he walked around the table towards me.

"I slept," I corrected him, reaching to open my laptop again. "I woke up because I wanted to do some work."

"Well, you're going to sleep again."

"What do you—w-wait!" I hissed. Too late.

Seokjin already picked me up and was grinning down at me. I crossed my arms, glaring at him.

"I have work to do!"

"Well, I want to sleep. I'm tired."

"Then you sleep."

"I can't sleep if you're not sleeping beside me," he said, smirking.

I scoffed at the obvious lie. "You slept just fine the other night."

"Not today," Seokjin murmured, nuzzling the tip of his nose against mine. "I want to hold you."

My heart fluttered at that and I think Seokjin knew it too because he was already carrying me to the bed.

***

~Seokjin~

It was when Seokjin heard Yumi fussing in her sleep – that was what woke him up. She was murmuring things that he couldn't decipher but he knew it was about her father. Because she said his name.

With a sigh, Seokjin pulled Yumi towards him, nuzzling against her. His arms tightened around her and he dropped a kiss to the top of her head.

"Soon," he whispered.