Chapter 43

~Yumi~

"What, you couldn't just walk away?" Seokjin asked, angrily as he shut the door behind us. He dragged me all the way back home. Great.

I remembered seeing the anger in Taehyung's eyes and the fear in Minseo's eyes as I was dragged away from them. It was obvious Taehyung wasn't happy about what happened to Minseo. Either way, Seokjin being here was another story.

The fact that we'd bumped into one of the girls who picked on Minseo in high school. It was obvious that she still had that effect on Minseo though. She looked so small in front of that girl. Something in me snapped. Before I knew it, I'd punched her and my hand throbbed with pain.

"Are you serious?" I yelled and winced at the pain. God dammit, my lip is cut because of that bitch. "You know what? I'm not going to do this with you."

I shot a dark look at him before turning to leave. Except, Seokjin won't let me.

"Answer me, dammit," he snarled. "Why? Why are you always causing so much trouble wherever you go, Shortcake? Can't you just stop getting involved for once?"

"What do you expect me to do?!" I yelled. "Sit and let her attack Minseo? What about me then, huh? Even if it was a losing battle, I'd rather fight and lose rather than not fight at all!"

"It wasn't right," he snarled. "Minseo got hurt because you threw a fist."

Okay, that wasn't exactly true. Minseo got hurt because I didn't throw a fist.

"People like you wouldn't understand!" I screamed, shoving him back. Seokjin took a step back to steady himself but his cold eyes didn't leave me. I pointed at him and snapped, "People defended you. Nurtured you. Took care of you. Protected you."

"Me?" I took a step back and shook my head, feeling angry tears filled my vision. I lifted my eyes to meet his, "You? You wouldn't understand. People like you pretend to care but you don't, do you? You hide in the shadows and watch, thinking that's enough. You write and sing songs about encouraging people to stand up against others but you can't even do that. Well, let me tell you. It will never be enough, Seokjin. You might as well be the one to deliver those blows since you care so much about your fame and face."

"Yumi," he began, angrily.

"I had to fend for myself!" I cried, cutting him off. "Because no one fought for me and definitely didn't protect me too. Do you blame me for fighting for myself? If I didn't fight for myself, who else is going to?"

Seokjin opened his mouth to say something but I cut him off as I wiped away the tear that dared fell from my eyes. "Forget it. Our worlds are too different so you couldn't possibly understand me," I said with an empty laugh before pointing at him, "You and me. We're done. Over. I never want to see you ever again."

***

So it's not like I had anywhere I could go but at least I knew parts of this town. I ran out, bumping into Taehyung and Minseo along the way but ignoring their calls. So here I am. Sitting by the river, just closing my eyes and begging for it all to go away. I wanted to take back the nasty things I said to Seokjin. I wanted to take it all back.

Do I want to end things with Seokjin? Yes and no. It's hard being around someone who's actions don't match their words. I was bullied and picked on. Badly. The anger and humiliation I felt then... it comes out from time to time. I can't handle it most of the time. I want to be able to walk away but how can I do that? No, that's not the issue. I would have never made a move if it was directed at me.

It was because it was happening to the ones I care about. Minseo. Yeah, I care about her. Maybe that's what it took for me to really hurt that girl. For her.

I wandered around town until late. Not wanting to go back to see any of their faces, I looked at my phone, checking for flights. Maybe if I tell them that I have something important... I shook my head at the silly suggestion. That's just me wanting to run away.

It would hurt Minseo even more if I was to do that.

I blew out a sigh, running a hand through my hair. "It's easier to be a bitch," I muttered to myself as I turned and started to make way towards Minseo's place. "That way, you only get to care about yourself."

Thankfully, when I returned, the others were asleep. The door to Minseo's room was shut so I knew she and Taehyung were probably already asleep. I hesitated before opening the door to my room.

My heart thumped at the sight of Seokjin sleeping peacefully on the bed. Not wanting to wake him up, I quietly stepped into the bathroom and took a long, hot shower. When I finished showering and brushing my teeth, I debated sleeping the lounge room but dismissed the thought since it'll make things awkward tomorrow.

We have three days before heading back to Seoul. I have to try and avoid them for as long as I can. Or so I thought.