Chapter 54

~Yumi~

You'd think everything will go back to normal... but apparently not. The sounds of people arguing woke me up from my deep sleep. I rubbed my eyes, glancing at the time on my night stand. It was ten in the morning.

It wasn't unusual for there to be this much noise... but it was unusual when I heard voices being raised and cursing.

Frowning, I slipped on my grey cardigan and then got out of bed before making my way down the stairs towards the voices.

"Seokjin?" I said as I went down the stairs.

All of the membered looked over at me... and then I saw Miyoung there. She looked...pregnant.

I tried to keep a neutral face as I reached the end of the stairs. "What's going on?"

Seokjin hooked an arm around me and pulled me closer towards him as I neared him. "Morning Shortcake," he murmured.

I nodded, turning to look at the other members who were avoiding eye contact with me. I glanced up at Seokjin, confused by the whole thing. From what I heard, Jimin and Miyoung broke up... which means...

I turned to Miyoung and saw her look down at the floor.

She wasn't here by choice, I thought to myself. That's for sure.

"Did you guys eat already?" I asked, breaking the awkward silence.

"We already ate, noona," Taehyung said, giving me a tense smile.

"If you'll excuse me," Miyoung mumbled, walking up the stairs.

Jimin growled, "Miyoung."

She ignored him and he jogged after her.

I reached for Seokjin's sleeve and tugged at it but he just turned to me and smiled. A tired smile.

Confused, I looked at the other members who just sadly shook their heads at me.

"Oh God," I murmured, tightening my hold on Seokjin's sleeve.

***

"Do the other girls know?" I asked Seokjin when we got back to our room.

Seokjin closed the door behind him and shook his head. "No. They don't."

I crossed my arms, "How long have you known?"

Seokjin ran a hand down his face, tiredly before blowing out a sigh, "Well, it was probably a few days before Jimin went to get her."

I stared at him, "What?"

Seokjin moved towards me and stood in front of me. I did nothing but continue to stare at him when suddenly, he gestured for me to move back on the bed. I did so, keeping my eyes on him. That's when Seokjin got on the bed, throwing his weight on me, knocking us both flat on the bed.

His face nuzzled against my stomach as his hands moved up. I slapped his hands away, rolling my eyes at his attempt to divert the conversation.

"Seokjin!"

"Shortcake," he said with a breathy laugh. "I'm in the mood."

"Well I'm not," I said, feeling my cheeks burn. "Anyways, what's the deal with it?"

Reaching for my hand, Seokjin kissed it before murmuring, "Jimin and Miyoung broke up. She didn't put up a fight or anything and vanished for months. When Jimin finally cleaned her room, he found her positive pregnancy test."

He lifted himself up, staring down at me who was still on my back. "He thought it was over between them."

"But it's not," I whispered, feeling my heart thumped.

Seokjin shook his head. "No. Not even close."

"What's... going to happen?" I asked in a quiet voice. "Miyoung... she doesn't seem like the same person she was when we met."

Brushing the hair away from my eyes, Seokjin just shook his head once more. "I don't know, Shortcake. It's... hard on them both."

Yes... it would be. Miyoung loves Jimin. No doubt there. But does Jimin love her? Judging from what I've seen, he does love her... but what happened?

I frowned. It couldn't have been because of Haeun, right?

"Can't wait," Seokjin murmured.

"Huh?"

His eyes twinkled with mischief. "Can't wait to put one in you."

I opened my mouth but nothing came out.

Chuckling, Seokjin leaned down and kissed me, slowly. My heart felt heavy as I let myself remember the reason why I almost didn't come back.