Chapter 49

~Seokjin~

"What's with the bruises on noona's face?" Taehyung demanded.

"You didn't hit her, so who did?" Jungkook demanded, pushing Taehyung behind him and stepping towards Seokjin.

"I'll be back soon," Seokjin said, ignoring his members attempt to stop him. When he reached the door, he said, "Don't wake her up. She's sleeping now."

At that, all the members stopped talking.

"Isn't that Yumi's?" Hoseok asked, pointing at the bracelet Seokjin had given to Yumi.

"Why do you have it?" Jungkook asked, slowly. His eyes widened. "Don't tell me—you two broke up?"

Seokjin snorted at that, "Do you think so?"

He held up Yumi's bracelet and smirked. "I'm going to commit a crime."

"Wha—hyung!" Namjoon shouted as Seokjin walked off, shutting the door behind him. He couldn't help but laughed bitterly to himself as he ran his fingertips over the bracelet, knowing full well that there's evidence here. A recorder.

"Time for you to disappear," Seokjin murmured, thinking about Yumi's father. "Forever."

***

I woke up to Seokjin sleeping beside me.

Events of last night flashed before my eyes and I felt my cheeks warmed at that. I broke down. For the first time since my mother passed away, I broke down and sobbed my heart out. It... felt good. To let it all out like that.

I was about to get out of Seokjin's bed before he was up when I felt him closed his hand around my wrist.

I glanced back and saw that his eyes were open. Great. So he's not asleep after all.

"Morning, Shortcake."

I swallowed, "M-morning."

My heart skipped a beat as he reached up, bringing his hand to my cheek, stroking it gently with his thumb.

"Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah," I mumbled.

Seokjin sighed, "You don't look like it."

I watched as he struggled to sit up, running a hand through his messy hair. The mist of sleep was still evident in his eyes.

As I tried to remove his hand from me, his hold on my arm tightened and then I watched as he patted the spot beside him.

"Sit down for a bit, Shortcake."

I hesitated and then sat down beside him. It was then that he released his hold on me and I shifted on the spot, uncomfortable by his staring.

"I want to touch you."

I blinked, "Uh... what?"

"I want to touch you," he repeated. "Is that okay?"

I stared at him and Seokjin stared back at me. When I didn't understand what he meant, I said nothing but continue to stare.

That's when Seokjin reached out and unbutton the top button of my shirt, making my eyes wide.

"Get it now?" he asked, a playful smirk on his lips.

"N-now?" I spluttered. After everything that happened yesterday? He wants to just—

"I'm going to take that as a yes," he murmured, grabbing my arm and pulling me on top of him.

I felt him nuzzle the side of my neck before pressing a kiss there, making my close my eyes in bliss and relax in his hold. Giving all of me to him. Over and over again.

***

It was a day later that Seokjin began acting differently towards me. He would pull away from me or just avoid being around me. It hurt me. Made me think that maybe his feelings towards me have change.

"Talk to me!" I'd cried.

That's when he did. And it broke me.

"Say it again," I said, with a breathy laugh, feeling the tears burn my eyes.

"Leave," Seokjin said, face blank. "You need to leave."