Chapter 26

~Yumi~

"You should stay and eat with us before you leave," Jungkook said to Miyoung.

"I only came to see you guys briefly," Miyoung replied. "I have to get back to studying."

Jimin finally introduced Miyoung to all of us. I could see the interest and curiosity in their eyes as they took in the girl who stole his heart... and attention. Although it seemed like Jungkook knew more about her and seem closer to her. Maybe the two met before?

Either way, Miyoung had that mature aura around her. It was like she knew the good and the bad in life... and she's lived through so much too.

Seyeon being Seyeon immediately got really close to her. Like any normal person, she was a little surprised by how strong Seyeon was coming off but like all of us, she was happy too. That's something I envy about Seyeon. She's able to keep shining brightly like that even though she's been through so much too. I wanted to be like that. I wanted to stay innocent and bright... but that's been taken away from me. If I was like her, I wouldn't be able to survive for long.

"Stay," Jimin murmured, grabbing her hand, dragging her to his side. "Get to know the other girls."

"Yumi is the eldest out of us girls," Seyeon said, reaching out and taking Miyoung's other hand. "Then it's me, Jiyeon and then Minseo."

"Let's drink," Minseo suggested with a grin. "We haven't done that, have we?"

Miyoung looked troubled by this.

"It'll be fine," Jiyeon reassured her. "We don't bite."

"I don't know about you, but Minseo definitely does," Taehyung said with a smirk. "If you know what I mean."

Minseo went red and she punched Taehyung in the arm. "Stop it!"

Jungkook shuddered at that. "I do not need to know that."

"We don't too," Namjoon murmured.

"Well, how about it?" Jimin asked with a gentle smile. "Get to know my other important people?"

Miyoung nodded and then said, "If—you girls don't mind."

"They don't," Jungkook reassured her. "We'll be busy anyways so it might be good if you girls do girl things. Besides, I'm worried about you."

Jungkook's eyes came to me.

"Me?" I asked, confused. "Why?"

Jungkook said nothing but he gave me that are-you-really-asking-me look. It was enough to keep my quiet too.

Jiyeon grabbed my hand, pulling me along with her, "Let's go in your room!"

"M-my room?" I repeated, surprised as Jiyeon dragged me with her. "Why mine?"

"Because we've not been there, silly," Seyeon replied.

I glanced over my shoulder as we were going up the stairs, seeing Seyeon drag Miyoung and Minseo. Looking down from here, I could see the amused and soft looks on the members' faces. It makes me want to take a photo of them. For memory.

***

"Honestly," Minseo said, raising her glass, "You are the most beautiful girl I've ever met. It's not fair!"

"Right?" Seyeon grinned, drunkenly at Minseo. "I thought she was an angel from heaven when I bumped into her at the company the first time."

"I still can't believe Seokjin got married," Minseo whined. "Not only are you beautiful, you are also one of the coolest people I know from high school."