Chapter 45

~Taehyung~

Even when they returned to Korea, Minseo was really happy. It made Taehyung happy. Although he was pissed about the whole situation that went down, he was just happy to see Minseo smiling and being herself again.

Though it's a shame, he thought to himself as he watched Minseo pack her things. She's set to go out again. Like always, his heart hurt a little at the thought that he won't be seeing her for a while.

"Stop sulking," Minseo said, laughing.

"I'm not," he muttered.

"Yes, you are," she said, looking over her shoulder at him and grinning. "I can tell."

Taehyung sighed.

Minseo closed her suitcase and then walked towards Taehyung, sitting on his lap, arms wrapped around his neck. She dropped a kiss to the tip of his nose, making Taehyung arched his eyebrows at the gesture. Minseo is not one who would show her affections like this. It was unusual.

"I wish I could take you with me," she murmured.

Taehyung warmed at that, resting his head against her chest. "Yeah, I know."

"But you're too busy!" she said with a short laugh.

"So are you," he murmured, shaking his head. "I can't wait to knock you up."

Minseo choked at that, "Excuse me?!"

Taehyung grinned as he pulled back and watched the blush on her cheeks. It was funnier because she tried to come up with reasons why she is not ready for kids... and it just made him want to put a baby in her even more. Though Taehyung knows it's far too early for the two of them. For Minseo is not ready to give her wings up.

~Yumi~

"No partying with me!" Minseo announced as she and Taehyung were about to leave. "Got it?"

"Obviously," Seyeon rolled her eyes. "These girls are innocent. I can't drag them out alone now, can I?"

Minseo smiled, clearly pleased by that.

"Have fun," Jiyeon murmured, wrapping Minseo into a hug. "Take care of yourself, okay?"

"I will, unnie," Minseo said, eyes bright. "You guys stay safe too."

"Don't work too hard," Miyoung said, pushing her glasses up before smiling at her. "Though I'll look forward to your newest project too."

Minseo's eyes widened at that and she nodded. "It'll be better than the previous ones. I swear."

Turning her head to me, she gave me a knowing smile which instantly made me uncomfortable. Grabbing my arm, she said, "Say it, unnie."

Knowing what she meant, I shook my head, "Don't do that."

"Aw, why not?" she said with a laugh. "Don't you want to send me off happily?"

She's cute. How can someone be this cute?

Still, I shook my head.

Before Minseo could say anything, the other members were already giving her hugs. Seokjin was one of them.

Minseo squeezed him, nuzzling against his chest, "Now, you stay safe, okay? Don't get hurt. Make sure you eat and sleep well, got it?"

Seokjin's lips twitch and he nodded, "Got it."

~Minseo~

After saying goodbye to Taehyung and giving him lots of kisses and hugs, I made my way through the gates and was now waiting to be called in.

My phone vibrated and I was expecting to see Taehyung's name flash on the screen but was surprised to see Jihye's.

I picked up. "Unnie?"

"M-Minseo-ah."

I frowned at the shaky tone. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"C-can we meet?"

I looked at the flights on the screen and then said, "I'm heading out."

"What?"

"Overseas," I explained. "A new project I'm working on."

"You're at the airport?"

"Yeah," I replied, glancing down at my watch. "Did you want to meet up to talk? Is it urgent?"

Silence.

"Jihye?"

She let out a breathy laugh. "N-no. I'm good."

I frowned. "You don't sound good. Should I call Namjoon?"

"No," she said quickly. "I just wanted to return the evening wrap. That's all."

I doubt it. But I said nothing and chose not to call her out on her lie. Instead, I said, "Okay. Well, I'll come get it off you when I get back, okay?"

"Okay," she said, clearing her throat. "Um, have—a safe flight."

"I will," I said with a soft laugh. "Take care of yourself, okay?"

"Mm."

We hung up.

I could have just let it go but I was trusting my gut on this. So I texted Namjoon, telling him that something's wrong with Jihye and for him not to mention my name.

Grinning, I grabbed the handle of my suitcase and made my way towards my latest dream.