Part 5: Promise

MONSE HAUGHTONAugust 20,2018Freeridge, California_

MONSE HAUGHTON
August 20,2018
Freeridge, California
_

"MONSE, HURRY UP!"I heard Rashad yell from downstairs and I rolled my eyes staring in my bedroom mirror as I slicked my ponytail with my hands for the hundredth time like I've been doing for the past thirty minutes. I checked out my makeup as well and when I was satisfied, I picked up my book-bag and left out of my room.

I've always had a thing about my appearance but since today was the first day of school. It intensified it and what actually made it worse was me being nervous. I was because this is a new area, a new school, and new people.

Not like its my first time in Freeridge but still.

"It took you long enough."Rashad rolled his eye's as soon as I came down. I rolled mine,"If waiting on me was such a big problem, you could've just started walking."
"No I couldn't have because Dad wants me to walk with you."He told me.

"And you actually listened?"I raised a brow because my dad's been telling him to hang out with me for the past two weeks and has made him go with me with the squad but it didn't last. All it did was make Rashad disappear off and it made me his cover so he could go do whatever he did with god knows who.

But I'm pretty sure he was with Vero during that time.

"Yes, its not like I could ask dad to walk with Vero."He said and there was a point there. It wasn't like he could because every since Rashad brought her to the house and tried sneaking her out which made us meet her unintentionally, My dad decided he wasn't her biggest fan automatically.

It's probably because she's extremely nice and Its intense, and my dad doesn't like nice people. Gabriella is a sweetheart and was barely liked my my dad either. He just has this thing about nice girl's and Rashad, My dad wants him to be with someone that's like him basically and none of those girl's despite how sweet they are, are like him at all.

"You're right."I agreed and He gave a nod starting to the door,"Exactly, so let's go."He walked out and didn't bother to hold the door open for me. It closed in my face and I took a deep breath and composed myself before I followed out behind him out the door.

As soon as we stepped out on the porch, I saw half of the squad outside which consisted of Draya, Ruby, Jamal and Olivia. I looked across the street to see Santana crossing the street, She smiled as soon as she seen me and I smiled back walking down the steps with my brother.

"On second thought, I'm just gonna start walking by myself."Rashad said and I furrowed my brow but noticed that he only said that because Santana was walking up. I didn't know what his deal was with her but there was some sort of one because every time she came around he conveniently wanted to leave.