Part 55: The Talk

LORENZO HAUGHTON November 9, 2018Freeridge, California _

LORENZO HAUGHTON
November 9, 2018
Freeridge, California
_

"YOU THINK WE'RE BEING TOO HARD ON HER?"Derek asked from where he was on the other couch. Every since Monse's outburst she had a little earlier, it's been silent in the house. It was even more silent since Aaliyah left after but not before giving us a death stare, I honestly could care less about that but Derek did clearly. He cared about the fact Mo was upset too a lot but he shouldn't.

It's not like it's something that'll last forever.

"No."I answered looking up from my spot on the opposite one, standing my ground on how i felt.

I always would, I didn't care how anyone felt including her.

She wasn't dating Cesar.

"She hates us."Derek shook his head.

"And? I don't care. I'm the most hated man in California, you think I give a fuck about a seventeen year old throwing a tantrum?"I asked sitting back.

"yes, because we both know you don't believe that."he said and I raised my brow,"I saw your face when she said she hated you, you were hurt because your favorite baby told you to your face she hated you and meant it."

I didn't say anything because he was right, she was but lately we haven't been getting along. It's like she's becoming a different person and I hate it.

This isn't my kid.

"I know the Romeo shit is why we're against it but her and Aaliyah was right. That nigga ain't Romeo, maybe talking to him might put shit into perspective."

"There's nothing to put in perspective, she's not dating him. I'm not about to have my daughter dating a Santo or any boy for that matter,"What's with the change of heart? you don't even like the idea your damn self."I frowned.

"I know, but I don't know pop. I've been thinking about it, it's been days she's been upset. Do you really want it to continue? for her to go another few days without eating or getting outta bed."after he said that I didn't say anything.

"I'm not saying you have to change your mind right away or at all but we all know what will happen. She'll go on a bender, not eating or sleeping or doing anything, standing your ground isn't gonna help her not do that."

"And you think being with a cholo or having a boyfriend will help her?"I cocked my head,"She is not ready for him or a boyfriend."