Part 25: Safe

CESAR DIAZSeptember 25, 2018Freeridge, California _

CESAR DIAZ
September 25, 2018
Freeridge, California
_

THE ROOM felt still the longer all of us sat in it waiting silently on news on Monse who was in the other room.
Instead of going to her house, we came here since it was closer and plus their house is the last place Derek wanted her right now since she was taken on their street.

Everyone else was sent home hours ago after we got her back so it was only me, him and Aaliyah along with my brother. Rashad left not long after we got here to clear his head but I had a feeling I knew what that consisted of.

Oscar sent Reina to stay with Draya tonight so she wasn't anywhere near here. As much as she tried to fight against it to stay because she wanted to know if Monse was okay she couldn't, no-one could.

After tonight the entire block's gonna be hot and everyone knew deep down no-one would be safe. Especially when Lorenzo gets back in town and after what he found out tonight about the prophets taking Monse the way that they did.

Chaos was bound to start.

I was pulled out of my short train of thought by my bedroom door closing softly and when I saw Isabel walking out of it. Oscar didn't look in her direction when she did but I wasn't focused on it too much since I knew her being here hit a sore spot for him.

He couldn't stand her since she left him the way she did and neither could I but right now she was needed. None of us could walk Monse into a hospital, with everything that happened tonight.

So Isabel is the closest thing thing to it if anything since she checks out the Santos all the time. The only one that she doesn't check out is my brother for obvious reasons.

"She'll be okay-"Isabel started and everyone looked at her including my brother this time,"There's a-lot of bruising, a Lower Back Contusion and a concussion but that can be beat easily if-"Her gaze was now on only my brother who sat close to Aaliyah on the couch.

"Beat easily if what?"I asked breaking her gaze from them.

They both looked at her now and Isabel shook her head looking back at me clearing her throat,"If she's on top of her pain medicine-"She took off her gloves that were bloody a little,"and gets rest but not too much, her head is bandaged where she hit it-".

"How often do it need to be changed?"I asked before her brother could.

"Often so she doesn't get an infection."She answered,"Daily actually- so one of you can clean it and do that."Her eyes traveled between us all and Oscar shook his head,"I don't do blood, blood."He looked her up and down.