Part 44: Lexi

MONSE HAUGHTONOctober 13, 2018Freeridge, California_

MONSE HAUGHTON
October 13, 2018
Freeridge, California
_

EVERY SINCE the conversation with Lexi earlier I've been on edge. And I knew that I had every right to be since it was possible we were being watched by Romeo. The thought has had me on edge all day and on top of that I haven't even gotten a chance to speak to her about how she knew him or what was going on. I just knew what it was, wasn't good.

It's why I been so on edge it became hard to even think, honestly trying was a chore. I made sure to finish up stuff early as possible so I wouldn't have to stay longer than I had to later, thankfully Mal came back closing so I was clear.

All I wanted to do now was get out of here and go home but I didn't even feel like going after what I knew. I had to be someplace safe and that place was with Cesar.

Home wasn't unsafe but I knew this would run though my head and if I didn't tell him or be near him I felt like that I'd lose my mind. I was pulling out of my thought by a car door closing as I walked outside and my head fell to my ass but I relaxed when I seen it was an older woman across the street getting out of her car.

It was dark but I could see her clear as I walked to my brothers car. I tried not to stare too hard since it's still Freeridge and it's dark, plus I still had my bag in the car and it would be dumb to not be near it this late.

When I got in, I made sure to lock the doors not wasting a second to. I didn't even waste one to start it either, I glanced up at the joint to see Jamal turning off the lights before looking around so I could pull out the parking lot.

My phone going off made me look in the passenger seat since I set it there when I got in the car. My face frowned at the sound but it relaxed when I saw it was Cesar and I quickly picked it up.

"Hello?"I answered.

"Hi baby."he answered and I smiled a little hearing the smile in his voice,"Hi."my voice was low now.

"Hi."he mocked my voice,"what are you doing? I've been calling you."I hooked him up to the car speaker as he was talking so I could pull off and when I did, I started to slow.

"I'm sorry, I've been busy today. I was helping Jamal and I'm leaving as we speak."I answered as I started driving.

"You going home?"he asked and I shook my head as if he could see me as I stopped at the light,"I wasn't planning on it. Rashad's there with Santana and you know how they are?"I leaned back in my seat,"I want to come over?"