Part 56: Never

MONSE HAUGHTONNovember 9, 2018Freeridge, California _

MONSE HAUGHTON
November 9, 2018
Freeridge, California
_

I BURIED MY FACE deep into my pillow to muffle my cries that couldn't seem to stop. I lost track of how long I've been crying but I was positive it has been at least a few hours or so. But I didn't bother caring or caring if anyone else cared because I fucking hated it here. I hated my brother, my dad and there's no coming back from that on his end. He really called me a hole, for wanting to be with someone I really like and it was straight up bullshit.

Everything he said was especially about protecting me.

It's not protection if you're telling me I can't do something your son, my brother i'm the same age as is doing. He let's Rashad do anything he wanted, be with anyone he wanted but if I even attempted to it was a problem.

It was backwards and as much as I love my brother, I kinda hate him for it and I know it's not fair to because it isn't on him but i can't not do it.

and I feel bad for it.

a few soft knocks pulled me from my train of though, I sniffled a little as I peeked my head up from my pillow,"Go away!"I yelled out to whoever was on the other side.

I sniffled burying my face back into my pillow and pulled the covers over me as I heard the door open. I sighed hard,"I thought I said go away."I mumbled in an annoyed tone using my hand to slightly wipe my face.

"You sure you want me to?"a voice i knew from anywhere said and my head shot up from my pillow to see Cesar standing there. I frowned confused and wiped my eyes to see if I was tripping or delirious since I haven't been eating.

"Cesar?"my voice was low and soft i wasn't sure he could hear me by how low it was but by how he nodded slowly i knew he did.

"It's me mami."

I sat up and almost tripped getting out of my bed to run to him and when I did I jumped on him hugging him. He didn't hesitate to move his hands to my thighs to hold me up and he kissed the side of my face multiple times.

"I missed you."I mumbled into his neck.

"I missed you too baby."he kissed my face again before my neck and i jumped down but still had my arms around him.

"How did you-what are you-"

"Your dad."he cut me off,"he came by the house and talked to me-well we talked and now i'm here."