Part 31: Crush On You

MONSE HAUGHTONOctober 5, 2018Freeridge,California_

MONSE HAUGHTON
October 5, 2018
Freeridge,California
_

"Monse!"Derek called from downstairs and I groaned a little as I ran my finger's through my damp curls. It was the hundredth time he did and It got annoying each and every single time that he did. It was literally my second day back home and it's like him and my dad couldn't decide on who to be as annoying and overbearing as possible honestly.

Rashad wasn't even this overbearing and he was on edge.

"We don't have all morning!"Derek added and I rolled my eyes mumbling something to myself trying to tune him out completely. I took applied some of my clear lipgloss before leaning over to grab my book-bag, I put it on and slipped it in my back pocket after closing it. .

"MONSE NICOLE HAUGHTON IF YOU DON'T-"

"I'M COMING!"I yelled back as I walked to my bedroom door to leave out. I closed the door behind me and jogged downstairs, to be met by my brother who was standing at the bottom of the steps.

"It's about time."Derek rolled his eyes.

"Did you have to call my full name?"I asked rolling my eyes.

"Well when I called you by your first name you chose to ignore me-"Derek gave me this look and his voice trailed a little as his phone went off in his pocket. I stared at him as he took it out and when he looked at the screen his face automatically changed making me squint in curiosity.

"Who is that?"I glanced at his phone and back at him.

"No-one-"De shook his head stuffing his phone in the back of his pocket,"Come on, let's bounce."He used his hand to guide me out the door and I shook my head not bothering to question it as I walked outside. I heard him walking out behind me as soon as I stepped off of the porch since the front door closed.

I walked to the car to see Rashad was already in it, I got in and sat next to him. He was too stuck on who was in his phone to acknowledge me, I got a glance to see who was on it and saw that it was Santana who he was texting.

My brow raised slightly, when did that happen?

Derek got in the door and closed the door behind him to sit in his seat across from us. He gave the driver a nod to start the car and it was returned back before he pulled off.

"It's about time."Rashad finally looked up.

"It wouldn't have been if Little Ms. Nicole wasn't upstairs still getting ready in her room."De leaned back in his seat cocking his head at me,"Do you always take this long?".