Part 10: Invitation

MONSE HAUGHTONSeptember 11, 2018Freeridge, California_

MONSE HAUGHTON
September 11, 2018
Freeridge, California
_

"MONSE!"I heard a voice call after me as I was walking outside the school. I looked up from my phone to stop texting and turned around to see Cesar running to catch up to me. My brows furrowed because I didn't expect to see him since I haven't seen him all day basically and when I did he avoided me.

Once he reached me, He looked sort of outta breath.

" Wassup."I greeted him pressing my lips together as he caught it.

"Sup."He greeted me back,"Do you have a minute?".

"Why?"I asked.

"So we talk."He gave me this look and it was said in an obvious tone.

"About?"I played dumb.

Cesar took a deep breath and his eyes danced around for a second,"Last night."They finally landed on me.

"Oh."I said shocked and He nodded but before he could talk I spoke,"Look Cesar, I don't think we should talk about this. You just got out of a relationship and that kiss shouldn't have even happened, I was emotional a-".

"I agree."He cut me off.

What?

"You do?"I asked and I don't think any other word's came out than that. I didn't expect him to say that at all but a big ass part of me was relieved because at least we agree on something. Even though I might've felt something there for a second during the kiss, I don't want to fuck up
our friendship.

"Yeah, I shouldn't have done that."He admitted,"I was emotional too, we both were and I don't think it was fair to either of us."

Oh.

"Which is why I wanted to talk to you, I don't want thing's to be weird between us like they were earlier."He continued,"I also wanted to apologize about running off on you last night."

"You didn't have to."I shook my head assuring him,"Its
cool, we're cool."

"You sure?"He raised a brow and I gave him a small smile slowly nodding. "So nothing's weird because of the kiss?".

I could see the car out the corner of my eye and cocked my head,"What kiss?"I winked.

Cesar laughed before a smirk started to form and I smirked back, and walked off. I could feel him watching me as I walked to my dad's car that was parked in front of the school. Once I reached the car, I turned to see him starting to walk off in the opposite direction.