Part 14: Back Together

ALEXANDRA 'LEXI' RAMIREZSeptember 13, 2018Freeridge, California_

September 13, 2018
Freeridge, California
_

"ALEXANDRA."I heard my mom's voice pulling me out of my thought's away from my phone as I texted Rashad. I looked up to see her staring at me from where she stood in front of my mirror in my bedroom.

"Huh?"

She furrowed her brows at me after I said that,"Were you even listening to me at all?".

No

"Yes."I lied and Mom squinted,"Okay then what did I say?".
I opened my mouth to talk after she said that but didn't even get the chance to,"Exactly."She hummed,"I was asking you how this outfit looks?".

"Like you're going to work."I waved my hand at her,"Which you are."

"I know that."Her eye's rolled,"But this is a new job mija and I really want to make a good impression."

"And you will, you always do."I twisted my lips a little after that was said since it was true. I never understood why she always got nervous or overthought it when this is like
her fourth job.

If she can hold four jobs she's clearly doing something right.

"I do huh?"She nodded and I slowly nodded back agreeing before she smiled softly at me as she walked over,"If I nail this, our lives will change your life will."She sat in front of me and shook me softly,"You know I'm-".

"Doing this for us."I finished since she always said that, and even though it was true.
I was never a fan of it, or her working nonstop the way that she did.

If anything I hated it because she's been doing it for as long as I could remember. I thought getting a job would at least help so she wouldn't have to but it's not like it can if she doesn't take my money.

"I know you hate how much I work."Mom sighed.

"Hate is an understatement."I raised a brow.

"I know."She nodded,"But I'm keeping up with this house on my own and I have been since your d-".

"Alejandro."I cut her off before she could say what I knew she was gonna say. But even knowing it was gonna be said or the thought of her referring to him as that, or something even close made me sick to my stomach cause it's something he never was.

Something that he never will be.

At least not for me.