It's Not Your Fault

AU

 The king and Queen of Mercia(1) had been intimate by last couple of weeks until it was announced around the kingdom that the queen was expecting, the kingdom was happy and exited, the king was nervous, he didn't know how to be a father, his thoughts raced in his mind that he didn't notice his queen enter the room. The servants bowed down as the queen walked into the room. "I wish to be alone with the king please." Everyone left the room as it was only the two. The queen raised her hand to hols his cheek and caress it as he closed his eyes and kissed her palm. 

Raven placed his hand on her four month belly bump. "We have been blessed with a girl." She said in a whisper Damian placed his second hand on her belly. "Do you feel comfortable in that dress beloved, I do hope that corset isn't too tight." Raven smiled "It is alright your majesty, you don't have to worry-" just in the queens lady in waiting came in 'Madam I'm sorry for this disturbance but were late for the ceremony at the cathedral." Raven nodded and left towards the cathedral leaving her gown flowing along the way.

The queen and her ladies arrived at the cathedral as the priest escorted Raven onto the public. as the gates. "good people, welcome. Here is the queen's majesty come, this Maundy Thursday , to give you alms and wash your feet" Raven began walking out giving money to the people and wishing them well as everyone gave her blessings and thanking her, some villagers counted the money and noticed some thing different. "will you look, the is twice as much the old queen gave before queen Raven and king Damian were betrothed and married." both woman left and felt blessed as their queen went to do her other chore as she smiled greatly.

The king on the other hand, had entered the list for boating match with a rival. both men were ready for the match, as the king rode his horse towards his meet the other did the same , but to hu=is unfortunate luck he had failed and lost his match as he was hit with the bored and nocked off by his horse which crushed him, everyone gasped in horror. His father stood by his sifde as he instructed the others. "Take him, with all care, into the pavilion, I will serve him better, and pray for him."

Raven was unnoticed about the incident until lady Maddie rushed into the room where her Brother was. 'Madam! oh, madam!" raven stood up from reading 'Maddie, what is it? What's happened?" Maddie had a worried look on her face she was hesitant to inform her queen, ravens getting impatient "Maddie, what's happened?" "oh, madam, the king has fallen from his horse and had been crushed." raven stood in shock as Maddie continued. "they. . . they say he is likely to die." as Maddie held her hand knowing how Raven would react. her hand went from daddies hand to her belly as she calls for her brother. "Dick. . ." Dick rushed to help his little sister stand as she felt her world crumble down.  he hugged her tightly as she hugged him for dear life. "please say its not true, oh no, please, please, don't let it be, Dick, please say that I didn't hear what I heard"

Everyone tried their hardest to help the king go back into consciousness. "his heart is very week, I don't know if he will come back to us." everyone prayed to get gods mercy and make Damian come back, as the secretary checked on how to resolve the conflict if the king didn't wake, raven would have to rule Mercia by herself, and her first daughter Angela would be coordinated as princess and heir to the throne once she has come of age, but for the mean time they all hoped the king isn't gone.

Raven was at the church praying for her husband and the sake of her child, as she begged the lord not to take him away from her side. "Please lord forgive our sins and bless the kings soul to live." her lady in waiting prayed along with her, as she felt everything going down hill. "please, don't let his death be in vein."

Damian suddenly moved as he opened his eyes, alas the king lives.

Raven returned to her room as she heard the news of the king living and returned to her duties as her mentor gave her advice. "we must be grateful that his majesty, took no hurt in his fall." Raven nodded as she paced around her room clearly having things blocking her mind. as her mentor resumed. "But it means that the safe production of a daughter from your womb is more then ever imperative, so I beg you to be always careful with yourself. take no exertions or excitements. shut yourself away from the world as much as you can." Raven didn't listen she had something in her mind. "I wish there was a way I could remove my fathers heritage from my child. but I dare not, for so it would hurt me and my child. I think it would anger and upset the king." her mentor looked pisses she wasn't listening to him at all. "your grace this is what I mean, if your fret about such little matters, then your thoughts may poison the child inside of you." 

Raven looked into her mentors eyes as she sternly stated "It is not a little matter to me." but her mentor argued back. "it is. . . for now. afterwards when you have given birth the a heathy child, then you'll have all the power to deal with him as you like." as he bowed down and excused himself from her room.

Raven still paced as her father haunted her mind "you will fail as queen and as a mother, once this child is delivered into the world ,I will use her to bring me here and I will destroy everything you've ever loved."  Raven covered her ears not wanting to hear his voice she made her laddies leave the room as she used her magic to get rid of him for the meantime.

The afternoon arrived, Raven was feeling a quite bit more emotional then usual her feelings were getting the best of her and if she snapped she would loose the baby. "Maddie, please write to my sister that I wish to see Angela in three days time." Maddie nodded as she curtseys and began writing the letter. Lunch was served just in time as the king entered as he sat across his wife. "your majesty, how are you feeling?" Raven looked at him worriedly. "you could've died there my lord, one moment and I loose this child, I can't afford to feel strongly emotions, or it could destroy this child." Damian nodded as they both ate in peace. 

The king had returned to his room in the west wing as the queen went to hers. Ravens father haunted her with images of how he would destroy everything she loved and it broke her heart as she asked him. "why are you doing this, all I ever wanted was to be loved by you, I just wanted to  feel loved." suddenly a huge pain came into her stomach as she moaned in pain, the laddies had ran into the room to calm her down and sooth her down, about thirty minutes or so the queen was put to rest. 

Maddie and Olivia two of Ravens laddies were playing cards, in their spare time while the queen was at rest. "two naves" said Olivia "two Queens and a King" said Maddie  "you win" Olivia looked back as she asked Maddie "do you think we should check up on her she was very distressed by her father." Maddie shook her head "let her sleep she needs it." just as they were about to play another round they heard a wail come out to the queens bedroom they dropped everything and dropped a few items, 

Maddie opened the curtains to the bed as she saw Raven in her white nightgown holding her bottom half of her body as the lady in waiting asked. "what is it your majesty?" when Olivia and Maddie came closer they saw what they dreaded the most. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . blood as they all gasped " the baby." they all said in horror, Raven looked at her laddies "my child, my daughter." Maddie looked at one of the laddies at the back and told them to get the king and help. the maids ran as they notified the king, even felt the pain in her belly as it got worse every second she constantly repeated to herself that it was all a fragmaent of her mind as she went to the side as both Olivia and Maddie witnessed more blood coming out of their beloved queen. 

The king quickly walked towards his wife room as he could hear sobbing across the hall, he walked faster every second knowing that his wife was in so much pain, he opened the door and saw the maids cleaning up the bloody stains once his eyes la did on his wailing wife his heart dropped, he rushed towards his wife. the king wrapped his arms around her as she cried harder. 

"I'm sorry, it's all my fault, it distressed me that my father threatened the life of hers, I tried to stop it, I tried to get him away from her, theres no one to blame but myself," Damian looked at her "its not your fault, it was never your fault, the only one at fault is your father, he made you beyond distress." Raven looked at him as the ladies continued to clean the sheets they had changed her to another night gown painfully. Damian kissed her hand and held her close. "I would like to be alone with my queen." the laddies let themselves out as Damian placed his hand on her face, red shot eyes and puffy cheeks, domain held her close, we will get through this together, you don't have to face this alone I'll always be by your side."As weeks passed the queen had gotten rid of the Childs body from hers as they prepared a burial for the unborn baby.

and people in the village were invited tot the burial and it was said that the queen and king were walking with each other afterwards, even though the pair were broken by their loss.

okay this was not what I wanted but since quarantine has me doing crazy things  ( apart from dying my hair dark blue and been losing my absolve shit because theres just 1 more goddamn mother fucking week until APOKOLIPS WAR is released! im so excited.