Step Four: Profit

Demetria's P.O.V.:

I bid father a farewell as he makes his way out to work. Once he leaves, Damian and I begin to dig into our breakfast. We eat in silence for a few minutes, taking small bites of toast and egg every now and then. It was all silent until I drank the orange juice. I took a sip, and cringed, spitting the juice back into the cup and shivering.

"That was revolting Dee-Dee," Damian says taking a sip of his orange juice. The moment the juice entered his mouth, his eyes widened and cringed in disgust. I smirk, entertained, watching him attempt to disguise his dissatisfaction. He forces himself to drink the juice sitting in his mouth and sets the glass down.

We look at Alfred who is standing behind the white counter, wiping a glass cup, looking at us with a cocked eyebrow.

"Is there something wrong young masters?" Alfred asks, nonchalantly picking up another glass cup and wiping it down with a white cloth.

"The juice," I say picking it up above my head and investigating it, "what is it?"

"It's orange juice," he says flatly.

"This isn't orange juice Pennyworth," Damian says picking up the glass of "orange juice" and extending it out towards Alfred, "This. This is something that should not even exist. It's disgusting."

Alfred continues to wipe the glass cup, looking at us unamused.

I take another sip and spit it back out again. Damian looks at me in disgust.

"Don't hurt yourself," he says.

"Alfred? What exactly is this?" I ask him.

"As I had mentioned earlier, Master Demetria. It is orange juice."

"But, it's not," I say looking at the glass, "There's something else in it." I take another sip and Damian punches my shoulder, taking away the glass.

"I told you to stop!"

"There's a bunch of sugar in it," I say cringing, looking at Alfred dead in the eyes. 

"Of course," he says as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"You people put sugar in something that is already sweet enough? No wonder, everyone is so corrupted in this world," Damian says going back to eating his breakfast.

"Back in the compound we rarely used sugar," I say explaining to Alfred, "Or have anything sugary. It's all-natural."

Alfred stood behind the counter, looking bored, but I can tell from his eyes that he was paying attention to every single thing that I was saying and doing. As I had finished explaining everything we were allowed to have and not have back at the compound, Alfred apologizes and leaves us to finish our food.

"He tried to kill us," Damian hisses while picking at his eggs.

"He didn't know Dami. Let it go."

"Tch." I stuff the last egg on my plate into my mouth and wait for Damian to finish his food, but all he's doing is picking at it.

He seems unmotivated today. He's just sitting next to me leaning into his hand, while his other hand held the fork, skimming over the egg's yolk.

"Finish your food and then we'll train," I say to try and motivate him. 

He stops moving his fork over the egg and looks at me with an idea.

"How about," he says sitting properly now, "We go to father's company?"

"Didn't he tell us to stay out of trouble?"

"It's not trouble if we're just visiting."

"Uhuh. Ya, totally 'visiting'," I say rolling my eyes. Knowing that we have nothing better to do, I go along with his idea. "So, what's the plan?"