Welcome to Hell

Demetria's P.O.V.:

Where am I? The world around me is pitch black. I look around hoping that something will appear and make sense. Just as if my questions were praised, everything slowly shifts to a flaming red. I find myself standing on dirt, but it's not normal dirt, but nothing about this place looks normal. The ground beneath me is red, embedded with strange gray patterns, giving a very ominous atmosphere. But that's not the only chilling thing here. Around me are raised grounds, towering over me, some even floating above in the blood-red-orangish sky. Scattered along the ground of the strange red dirt are flames of fire; a fire that seems to be stuck in one place, continuously burning but never spreads to other areas. 

Taking in my surroundings, I cautiously walk forward, mentally, and physically preparing myself for what's about to come. Walking in a straight line, the world collapses around me but keeping a small area of dirt where I stand. Just as the world vanished, it comes back, but slightly different. In front of me is a pathway leading to a pillar made of the same substances as the ground. Under the pillar, the ground creates a huge circle. Around the circle are four other pillars in the formation of a square. There's nothing else. It's only these pillars, the pathway I'm standing on now, the scarily red skies, the random forms of red land in the skies, and the never-ending darkness below. Above each of the pillars are wild flames, except for the pillar in front of me. Instead, there's a figure with their back towards me—a man.

I slowly approach the figure, seeing as there is nowhere else to go and reach for my sword. As I approach the man I can't help but feel a sense of familiarity from him. Stepping onto the circular grounding, the pathway now behind me collapses. Watching the grounding descend into the darkness, I turn back around to the man. I squint at the man and grab the hilt of my sword. The man stands there with perfect posture, covered from head to toe with black armor, outlined in gold, with a green cape. His white hair stook out in two directions. My eyes widen in realization, releasing my grip on my hilt and standing up straight. "Grandfather?"

He turns around and walks over to the edge of the pillar, looking down at me. "Hello, Demetria."

I'm at a loss of words. I watched him die, but now he's standing here right in front of me. The tears threaten to spill out of my eyes, but I hold them back. I get down on one knee and bow. "I thought you had died, Grandfather," I choke out, "I'm glad you're okay."

He jumps down from the pillar, his feet landing right in front of me. "Raise your head, child. No need for you to be so formal with me."

I raise my head and stand. "Of course, Grandfather."

"As for my death, it was no staged act."

"But you're alive," I point out.

"No, Demetria. I'm not alive. And neither are you." 

My eyes widen in fear. "I'm dead?" Too much is happening at once. At first, I find myself in a random unknown place, then I find Grandfather alive and well, only to figure out that he's actually dead and I'm dead too. The events begin to play in my head. From the moment that Grandfather had died to the moment where I pushed Damian, saving his life. "Wait," I say, "then where are we?" 

Grandfather puts out his hand and motions to the area around us. "Well, it obviously isn't heaven."

"So we're in—"

"Hell."

I collapse onto the floor, landing on my butt, staring at the ground in disbelief. I grab my head. "This can't be happening." I look back up at him. "So, we're stuck here for the rest of eternity." I sigh in defeat.

"On the contrary, grandaughter. We will be making our escape right now."

I look at him in confusion. "What do you mean, Grandfather? We're stuck here."