Let's Talk

Demetria's P.O.V.:

"Renegade! Stop!"

Bats keep coming from the left and right. My sword, brought their blood to shed. Their screeches of pure anger and pain only fueled my spree even further. My back is now towards the scoreboard, jumping from one flying maniac to the other, slicing and dicing. As I approach my next victim, I hear something whiz past me. Stabbing my next victim, I look up towards the metal bars and see Father's Batarang embedded into it. I stand on the now-dead Man-bat as we both fall ten stories. Still looking up, two titanium wires shoot out from the direction of the scoreboard. One reeling in Father. The other one reeling in—

"Damian?" I make eye-contact with my thought to be, dead brother. 

"Come on!" Damian yells, waving his hand towards himself.

I extend my arm and I grapple my way over to them. As we made out way near the top of the Colosseum, Father pulls out a black stick with a red button on top of it. Pressing the button, the Batarang embedded into the metal explodes, destroying the structure and taking down the Man-bats with it. The cause of the explosion, boosted us through the top of the Colosseum, sending us flying into the air.

Escaping the blast, we manage to land safely on top of the building, watching the Man-bat creatures get crushed by the debris. As we watch them get crushed, I find Damian, in the corner of my eye, running off. I walk over to the edge and see that he's now chasing after Langstrom.

"What's he doing?" I whisper to myself, watching my brother's figure become smaller.

Father walks over next to me and sees Damian chasing after the old man. He sighs in frustration, "stupid kid." Father jumps off of the building and chases after Damian.

Putting one foot out in front of me, I lean forward and let gravity do the rest. I keep myself upright, watching Father chase after my brother. Mid-way through my descent, I extend my arm, grappling my way over to them. I look over to see that Father had the same idea. He grapples over to rollercoaster that we were just at and jumps down towards a now fallen Langstrom and a sword-wielding Damian. Following right behind him, I hear him yell 'Robin' as he descends.

"Huh. Lucky," Damian grits out, putting away his sword.

I land behind Father and walk up next to him.

"Are you okay, Dr. Langstrom?" Father asks.

"Y-Yes," he stutters. He tries to get up but then falls back down, probably due to fear. He looks rapidly between the three of us and lifts his arm to cover his face as a defense mechanism.

"As I said before Doctor"—Father walks up to Langstrom and puts his hand behind his back. He pulls out a syringe from his belt and hides it behind him— "you need to come with us." 

The Doctor backs away with every step that Father takes, but then bumps into Damian. Father then grabs the man's arm and stabs the syringe into his neck, injecting a blue liquid into his body. Once all of the blue liquid is injected, Langstrom goes limp. Father lets go of the body, dropping him to the floor as Damian and I walk closer to the limp body.

"Is he dead," Damian asks, staring at the possible corpse.

I crouch down to the man's level and poke him in the cheek a few times. I push his head, making him look up, but then it falls back to the side once I pull away. Looking over to Father, I see him with his back towards us talking into a phone. He ends the call and walks back over to us, putting his hand behind his back once more. I stand up, cautious of what he will do next. Will he knock us out next? Just when I thought he was going to knock us out, he pulls out a burlap bag.