Twitch

Damian's P.O.V.:

Two days, twenty hours, seventeen minutes, and thirty-four seconds. Thirty-five seconds. Thirty-six seconds. Thirty-seven seconds...

I haven't moved. I refuse to. The only movements I have done so far are my little trips to the attached bathroom and nothing else. Even then, I refuse to even go to the bathroom, in case I miss her awakening. I haven't slept a wink. My mind and body are restless, they refuse to take a break. Not that I'm arguing. I've been sitting next to her bed, staring at her face for this long, hoping for some type of response. Still nothing, just the heart rate monitor. I refuse to eat. The most nutrients I have obtained these past two days are from a sip of water and a bite of bread. Other than that, I've done nothing. I sit beside her bed, wrapped in bandages from my torso, and up. 

Todd and I had a full-on battle: stabbing, slashing, punching, kicking, you name it. Father had tried to separate us, by yelling, but that wouldn't have worked against us anyways. The others had somehow ended up in the fight, ending the fight with numerous wounds. We didn't stop fighting for about an hour or two. Father's broken nose, Grayson's broken arm, Todd's dislocated shoulder, and Drake nearly fainting due to blood loss, became a clear indication of us needing to stop the fight. But we didn't. Pennyworth had to step in, separating all of us and forcing us to seek some medical attention. Although to much disagreement, we all complied with Pennyworth's wishes.

Ever since that day, not one of us had any contact with the other. Drake was the first to be treated, yet the last one to leave. Todd instantly left the moment Pennyworth had disappeared with Drake, without being treated, claiming that he is 'fine'. Grayson ended up treating himself by pushing the bones back to their positions and began waiting for Pennyworth to put a cast on him. Father left us alone, probably went to the cave, but his whereabouts are the least of my problems. I was the last one to be treated. I had obtained multiple stab wounds and a few bruises, nothing major. Just a few stitches and bandages to protect them.

One by one they all left. Grayson had left to his own place the moment the cast was placed on his arm. He left without a word, without turning back. Drake had left the medical room leaving me alone with Pennyworth to stitch my wounds. The moment he had finished my wounds, I left without a word, going straight to Demetria's room.

Entering the room in misery, I am greeted by Drake's back. He stands by the bed staring at my sister's sleeping figure. 

"What are you doing here?" I snarled, walking up to him.

He turns his head to me, his eyes glaring negative emotions at me. His eyes soften as he turns his attentions back to Demetria. He stays silent, as I stand next to him, staring at Demetria.

"What's she like?" he asked.

I looked at him questioningly. "Why would you like to know?" I cross my arms. "Planning to make her life even more hell when she wakes up?"

His scowls at me, his eyes holding anger and annoyance. "Shut up, kid. You don't know what the hell you're talking about," he growls, lifting me up by my shirt and shoving me away. He sighs out, his face calming down. "I just feel bad. I made a really shit first impression."

"Tch. No kidding."

He glares at me, not finding my comment amusing. He turns to Demetria, his eyes no longer holding the anger and annoyance in them. "From what I've heard, you two are related."

"Yeah," I reply. "We're twins."

"You're twins!" he screams in surprise. He looks between me and Demetria, eyes wide and mouth agape. "So, is she like you?" he asks, slight fear evident in his voice.