03

She practically grew up receiving hate because she never fit their beauty standards. They would always say that her mother has the prettiest nose but she got the opposite, or how her father's eyes were captivating but her's were average. At first she tried to ignore them, her parents made sure she knew her worth and showered her with love, but they're not around all the time and the hurtful words people tell her would always erase the self esteem she had--and it's not a lot.

Even when she was in high school and college. Some people would become friends with her simply because she was the daughter of their favorite actress and actor but would stab her in the back. She never saw herself as ugly (she thought that she's just fine or at least your average college girl) but with all the bullies and friends she thought she had that joked about how she should fix her face just pushed her deeper into her hole of insecurities.

So seeing the fresh new comments and articles about her now didn't surprise her. Unfortunately, people saw her and Jin together getting her dog, Coco (since his fur was brownish), and now they're thinking that he's her boyfriend or something.

"You got a dog and never thought ot even asking me about it?" Soonyoung was wearing a blank expression making her know that he's not happy about her suddenly adopting a dog.

She knew that they would fight again if she'll bite back, so she touched Soonyoung's arm lovingly to ease the tension. "Sorry. I really wanted one."

"You could have told me and I'll get you one myself. Why does it have to be that guy that you're getting the dog with?"

"You're busy. Plus, I want to get one myself and it's going to be impossible for us to go together. You know that, Soonyoung." She just wants Soonyoung to stop being so jealous. The public knows nothing about their marriage and he should understand that there are things that they can't do.

Frustrated, Soonyoung sat on the couch behind him. "Now they think you're with him. 'The hickey on her neck seemed to confirm everybody's assumptions.'" He reads from the article. "It's my mark, not his. Mine." He said, mad that the masterpiece he mad to show people she was his was misunderstood.

Her hands trailed on the hickey she failed to cover up fully. It was too dark that her make up could barely conceal it.

"Soonyoung.." She tried calling out but he only left, not wanting to argue anymore.

It's always like this, Soonyoung would come home after a few days and then he'll start an argument until one of them leaves. Then he'll ask forgiveness a few hours later.

When will she get tired of this set up?

___

"Coco!" She exclaimed they gave him his first meal of the day. "You need to eat well. Mr. Kim, told me that you're underweight and that is not good."

Coco is still in the process of warming up to her. Poor puppy, he still caught up with the fact that his previous dog owner left him. She wants to help him and give him all the love he deserves.

"Will Soonyoung come home? I miss him, Coco."

She's beginning to talk alone more often--by alone it means with Coco. After the small argument, Soonyoung only gave her a small kiss on her forehead before leaving for work. That was three days ago. He barely called and would only reply short on text. But it was better than to not have anything.