11

Note: the chapter is all over the place but i want to publish this now since it's the last one to the flashback chapters :D

__

"Coco, calm down, boy." She whispered when the dog jumped onto her lap as soon as she sat on the couch. It began nuzzling her tummy making her smile. Maybe Coco already found out?

Her hands ruffled the dog's fur and eyes traveled to the screen in front of her. She's been avoiding the news lately and she's going to stay that way for the time being. "Do you think Soonyoung is telling the truth?" She asked Coco, but more like asked herself, remembering how Soonyoung dismissed the topic by saying that the ring is in their room.

She have told herself to pour a little bit more trust on her husband. A ring that symbolized their everlasting love doesn't matter as long as the feelings are present. They love each other, and their love bloomed a beautiful life that's growing within her now. She's happy as long as he's hers, even if it meant giving up her dreams once again for their marriage.

A few hours later, her friend visited her with pastries in hand.

"You gave up on persuading the fraud?" Jin received a playful smack on the arm when he said the first thing that came in his mind.

Where's the lie, tho? She appeared out of nowhere and introduced herself in a completely different name. It turns out Byul was just a nickname. Actually, she thought that it was a mask the wear to Byul's co-workers and to the public as the Haneul she met in ME is completely different from the Byul she met in her own home.

"I don't want to get stressed. Maybe I can build my resto again. I talked to my promised worker as well and they were sad to hear the news." She frowned. "I really felt bad, so, I helped them find new jobs."

Jin sighed over the fact that he has an angel like friend. Unaware that she's pregnant, he thought about the way she just gave up to not start a fight with the other party. If he was her, he would have fought for the land, but still..

It's not like there's only one piece land in the country that she can buy.

"Gym?" Jin offered because it's been a while since they worked out together.

She shook her hand and delicately caress the lower part of her stomach, "I can't."

"Why? You're gaining a few lately, but it's okay. You're cuter with cheeks."

She poked her own cheeks, "I always had them. What do you mean?"

Realizing that she's having a baby is almost like realizing she's in a dream. It felt unreal. Life changing indeed. She can't wait to tell the others. Her heart felt like it's about to burst any time now.

"Soonyoung lost the wedding ring, huh? You're both rich anyway. Just buy a new one." Her friend seems to be asking for another slap on the arm. 

She rolled her eyes at his statement. "It doesn't work like that, Kim. Actually, I don't really care. The small thing is bound get lost. He doesn't wear it much or it'll blow our cover."

"If you say so," He shrugs. "Did you ask about the lavender scent?"

"No. I don't think I will."

The lavender scent still remains a mystery, or at least she pretends that it is. Sometimes the truth is about what you believe, and she wants to keep it that way. For now.

One thing she wants to ask Soonyoung is probably their anniversary. She was planning on going back home at that day and tell him about their baby. It's only a week away and it was almost forgotten. If she didn't think about Soonyoung's ring she wouldn't have known. Her mind is occupied a lot these days--the passed months actually.