14

"Did you ever love me?"

The question slipped off her tongue as soon as they laid down on Soonyoung's bed. Their child slept quietly between them, only hearing soft snores and breathing. If someone was to see them right now, they'll think that they're a family, and although it is true, the word family only made it possible to be and adjective for them because of Seongyoon, but other than that was nothing. Who is she to Soonyoung? Who is Soonyoung to her other than just the father of her child?

She gave the man a few more minutes before asking the same question again. "Did you ever love me?"

It was the question she wanted to ask since their conversation in Soonyoung's carㅡthe question she's been asking herself for such a long time. Because despite the countless times Soonyoung told him he did, he still cheated, he still sought for another girl's love, another girl's attention; and that made her doubt his sincerity. Maybe they were empty words that Soonyoung got used to saying. Just three words that he say just for the sake of saying it.

No emotion? No love? Maybe that's it.

Because otherwise, why would he cheat in the first place?

Soonyoung turned his body to look at her side and he froze when he saw tears running down the side of her face as she was only facing the ceiling. He knew he messed up. She was never the type to cry easily, only when she's reached her limit, and that made him hold his breath.

This.

This was her limit. She couldn't take it anymore that she just had to let it go. For her mind to calm and her heart to stop. He knew that if he was to answer her right now, she'll change the way she treats him. She'll be all better, she'll be happy, and will possibly move on.

This was the closure she was wanting for years. She wants to figure out the problem. What was wrong with her? What made Soonyoung look at someone other than his wife?

He thought about their earlier days, when he sneaks into her parents house and get in trouble, he got scolded a lot but it didn't matter to him as long as he could see her whenever he wants. He thought about their dates, when he was just a trainee and he would save up so much to take her out in restaurants but she would argue that she's fine with movie and ice cream dates. He thought about the day he knew she was the one, when he fell sick and he puked everywhere but she didn't care, he was disgusting but she still offered him kisses, his heart raced within him screaming that he should marry her for she have seen him in his worse but she stayed by his side. He thought about their wedding day, the best day of his life.

Then he thought about this night, where she doubted his love and he doesn't blame her at all.

"I love you with all of my heart." He managed to whisper without stuttering and he saw her press her lips together, thankful that he did.

"Then why did you do that? Why..why did you cheat on me? Did you not love me enough? Did I not love you enough? Am..am I not enough?"

To that he broke down. He pressed his forehead on her wet cheek as he whisper apologies in her ear. He kept everything for too long now and he couldn't handle seeing the love of his life in pain like this.

Now he's sure. He's telling her everything tonight, just for her to feel satisfied, for her to stop questioning her worth. No more lies, no more secrets. It's time for him to tell her the truth, even if the truth will be more painful that what she expects.