06

Note: thank you for being patient. and sorry for the sudden..er..skip.

-

She ran her fingers down her uniform, neatly pulling the skirt down to not make it seem short. She complained about this before, but her boss is not listening. It's  not like she's the only one who complained, in fact, she doesn't have enough fingers to count them all! But what can they do? If they fought back they'll get fired and they all really need this job.

"Mommy?" She said through the phone. It's been over a month since she last called her mom. She wants to say that it's because they're busy, but she can't lie to herself. That's not the reason why they barely communicate lately. It's something else.

"You called! I really miss you, darling. Your father misses you, too. Are you coming home soon?" Her mother's voice sounded so weak. She knows they're not getting any younger, it's been a while and it's probably the best if she came back with them.

But her life is here. Is she ready to leave this all behind?

"I'll try to visit. I have things to do at work still. Soon, mommy." She smiled faintly as she spoke.

Her mother in the other line sighed after hearing her answer. It was the same thing she was telling them whenever they bumped into that topic. Coco's not getting any younger, too. Sooner or later, he'll give up. Jin has told her that Coco was sick and that it was best if she'll put him to sleep even before the dog's sickness get worse. Her parents were heartbroken when they heard the news from her and they've been asking to see him soon. They have grown attached to the dog, it was a few months with the little one around them after all.

"Next time you visit can it be more than two days? Darling, we miss you. Even a week is enough. Aren't you guys lonely?" She can almost hear her mother pout from the other line. She found it cute that the older her parents got the more clingy they got.

In the end, she lost to this game of convincing. "Alright. I'll ask my boss for a week off."

"Yippie!"

Is this her mother or her child? Sometimes she can't see the difference.

Her day has been repetitive through the days. Waking up early, getting ready for work, making a few calls before going to work, and spend most of her day doing her job. Although, today she did ask for a week off and was surprisingly granted almost immediately. Fortunate enough, her boss was in a good mood. If not, it would have took her a week to be granted a week off.

"Great job today." Sunny, her senior, gave her a wink. "When's the next time we're having an MT? I miss your cooking."

She smiled, her eyes disappearing. "Let me know if there's another team building. I'll cook for all of you without hesitation!"

"You're always so smiley. Even after a long day at work. What's your secret?"

Secret? It was more of a treasure that she proudly shows the word. "I have my inspiration at home."

"Oh! Yeah. I remember. Bring him to the party. We really want to meet him!" Sunny played with the girl's hand with excitement which earned a chuckle. Her workmates are always like this because it's something that shocked them. In her age? Not everyone is like her in their early twenties.

"I'll see."

It was getting dark when she arrived home--a two story house painted white and black, not as big as her parent's, but big enough for her family. The garden was lit up with the Christmas lights she forgot to remove, but more like didn't want to remove. She likes the small lights that decorated the green space. Coco used to love playing there but because he's gotten old, he preferred sleeping inside.