07

Note: as i have mentioned in the 'note', time skip will be a common thing to skip irrelevant stuff. sorry for the boring stuff. will be getting better soon.

--

"You know each other?"

"Yes. She's a friend of mine."

Seungkwan's sudden English surprised her. She knew Joshua and Hansol can speak the language, but she never knew Seungkwan can.

She felt a pull on her hand making her look at Seongyoon. "Mommy? Friend?"

That immediately threw everything away. Seungkwan's surprised look didn't help either. His gaze was shifted from her boss to her son, and seeing how familiar the boy's features are, he must have got it all together.

Her secret was no longer a secret anymore.

"N-noona.. He's.."

This was going to happen eventually, she knew that, but she didn't expect it to happen too soon. Why not when she arrived in Korea? She was already planning on telling Soonyoung anyway. Why now?

-

Her thoughts were all over the place.

When the party ended, they went back home to pack for their flight the next day. Seongyoon was ecstatic as he missed his grandparents but had not helped her at all when he had a tantrum about bringing all of his toys with them. It took her a while to calm him down and make him understand that it was not necessary.

She also did not end up telling Seungkwan the whole truth. Seungkwan didn't ask her, too. He must have figured out himself, after all, he was there when the whole incident happened in the restaurant. They exchanged greetings and just basic questions before parting.

Her mind was never in peace because of that. Nervous that Soonyoung might barge in her house and take her baby away from her. But she knows Soonyoung isn't like that. Or at least, she hopes so.

"Dinosaur?"

"Of course, baby. As long as you carry that on your own."

Seongyoon was asking if he can take his dinosaur stuffed toy. It was half his height and he loves it so much. She bought it for him as soon as he was born, it was the same length as him back then but look at him now! A big boy who beats up the thing for no reason sometimes.

"Mommy, can you play music?" The baby boy rests his head on her shoulder when she picked him up.

"Sure."

The day ended with her swaying slow to the song as her son falls asleep, unaware of what's waiting for him when they come back to Korea.

"Seongyoon!" Her mother was jumping when they arrived. The flight was faster than she thought because of the great weather, and she wasted no time to get to her parents. They were impatient. Very impatient.

"I missed you, dear." They kissed her cheek and they did the same with Seongyoon who's now in her father's arms.

After a few minutes playing and catching up with their grandson who's now a bit of a skilled speaker in their mother tongue, she was pulled in the kitchen counter to drink coffee served by the maids.

"So, you're telling him?" Her mother asked.

She smiled faintly, gently tracing her finger on the warm mug. "I want to."