04

She stared blankly at the ceiling that she used to stare at every night. Her mind kept on repeating the same scenarios over and over again not letting her sleep in peace.

Soonyoung came back that day for his laptop and papers but he left immediately telling her that Byul was waiting for him in the studio. She just lets him go as always, it's not like her saying no would change anything, that's her husband's job. Although she didn't have anything against him leaving her again after basically treating her like his maid, what bothered her a lot was him smelling so much like Byul. He smelled like Byul's expensive lavander cologne and it seems like her nose sent the smell to her brain so she won't forget it. Forever remembering that her husband once smelled like the girl he lied about his wife being his housekeeper.

What's worse was three days after, she was expecting Soonyoung to come home for her birthday. She baked a cake and cooked so much wanting to eat with her husband on her special day but instead Soonyoung called her to apologize that he's not coming home.

That's not the only problem that day, it was also the fact that Soonyoung didn't greet her happy birthday.

"Baby, I won't be coming home again and probably the whole month I'll be away. Byul and I started working on the song and I'll be super busy. Don't worry too much about me and take care of yourself, okay? I'll try to call again."

She wanted to be positive and just think that Soonyoung actually called her and not like how he used to. If it was the Soonyoung from before he would have left her hanging and wouldn't bother calling her at all.

But her heart still broke. Just looking at the food she cooked made her upset. What is she going to do with this much food if she's alone?

It can't be helped. She gave Jin a lot of what she cooked and went to her parents the next day, and now here she is.

It's been a week since she's been sleeping in her parents' house, her old room was practically the same. Her father got upset that Soonyoung didn't bother going home on her birthday but she managed to take his mind off it.

"Darling, are you awake?" She heard her mother's voice from the door.

Like a little kid again, she sat up and ran into her mother's arms almost making Coco fall from her bed. "Mommy.." She couldn't help but cry. She's been bottling up her emotions for days that she just had to break down and release everything.

The mother embraced her child tight and accepted all the tears she was shedding. "Shh. It's okay, darling."

Just like the days when she'll come home from school after fighting with some of her classmates, she slept in her mother's arms feeling protected from all the pain.

___

"Darling, this is the best meal I've ever had." Her father always said that when she cooks their meal. It made her feel warm inside but she would just shrug off the compliment.

"She didn't study for nothing. I told you to open your restaurant! At least you have something to do while Soonyoung's away." Her mother said then took another bite of the food.

Back then when Jin would tell her to open one she just said something like 'I don't think I can do it' or 'Soonyoung needs someone to be with him at home'. But right now, maybe it's time for her to think more about herself than the others. "I'm planning to, mommy. Just need to work on some papers again and continue what I started building before."

Her parents were ecstatic. "Finally! Why don't you stay here with us for the meantime? We miss you." It's not new to see her dad do aegyo but she always cringe anyway. Despite their age, they still look young. No wonder they're still going strong in their careers.