Chapter 5

Sophie's POV

I can't believe that Fitz Vacker just told me that he loved me.  And now, I'd be spending a week with him!  I smiled as we reached the gates of Everglen.  Me, Fitz, Biana, Tam, Dex, Keefe, Linh, and Marella were so excited.  Walking through Everglen's halls, Biana led us to the living room where we got comfortable and sat down.  After talking about Fitz's confession towards me, we were giggling and enjoying ourselves until Della called us for Dinner, "Come on everyone!"

We rushed into the Vacker's dining room where Alden and Della were sitting.  Everyone was starving, and quickly filled in the rest of the seats on the table.  "Dinner is served!" Della exclaimed conjuring all sorts of Elvin food.  I'd learned that although Elvin food may look sickening, it was delicious.  As everyone's eyes sparkled, Alden and Della laughed, telling us to fill our plates.  

Everyone sped to fill their bright blue plate and sat back down for a rather uneventful dinner.  I took a food that tasted like sushi.  Stuffing my mouth, I stopped to notice everyone staring at me.  "What? I'm hungry," I mumbled though I'm pretty sure it came out muffled and more like, "Wat? im hungwee!"

They laughed at me, and I rolled my eyes trying to be rude, but that just made everyone laugh even more.  Just as everyone was about to say, "I'm full," Alden announced dessert.

One by one, all the desserts appeared, making our eyes sparkle and our mouths water.  There was mallowmelt that looked glorious, then appeared Fitz's favorite; Ripplefluffs.  Then came custard bursts and butterblasts, and mooncakes!  Each dessert made us hungrier and we couldn't hold off anymore.  Everyone dove to fill up their plates once again.  

"Get Foster before she-" he was cut off by Linh completing his sentence

"eats them all!"

Before I could argue back, I felt a pair of strong arms on my waist and I tried to wriggle free, but what was my strength compared to the boy who works out every day?  "Fiiitzz!  Please?" I gave him my best puppy dog eyes and it turned out to be his weakness.  

"Oh okay, but I'll; get you later!"

I quickly said thanks and also dove for the desserts.  Stuffing my mouth with mallowmelt, I was officially full.  No. More.  I sat back in the chair to hear Marella and Keefe say, "Is Sophie already done with dessert?"

"I could eat the whole table if you wish," I replied.  

Before anyone could say anything, Keefe jokingly said, "Does anyone know why Ripplefluffs are Fitz's favorite?"

Fitz flushed before my eyes when it clicked; mint and chocolate, teal and brown, his eyes and my eyes.  I also blushed and before that topic got out of hand, I said, "Who wants to play human games?"

"ME!" they all replied in unison.  We walked out of the room thanking Alden and Della.  Biana led us up to her room, where we situated ourselves clockwise in the order of me, Fitz, Keefe, Linh, Tam, Dex Marella, and Biana.  

"Okay, Soph you were going to tell us some games?"

My heart fluttered the way he looked at me and said my name.  But I managed to say, "Well, there's truth or dare, spin the bottle, 7 Minutes in Heaven, and hide and seek."  I crossed my fingers tightly hoping they wouldn't pick 7 minutes in heaven or spin the bottle, but you can't underestimate Biana's good judgement.

"Okay, we don't have time to play all the games today, but we can play 2," she continued, "how about spin the bottle and 7 minutes in Heaven."

I groaned, but still explained how to play, "So in spin the bottle you have to spin a bottle and whoever it lands on you have to kiss."  I really regretted telling them this because I didn't want to kiss anyone else but Fitz.

"Oooooo," everyone else said looking at each other.  

"Let's play, I'll go first!" Fitz stated, clearly frightened.  he spun it, and it went slower, and slower, and slower, until the tip of the bright green bottle landed on...Linh.  My shoulders dropped, and my smile made its way to a frown.  Fitz did the same thing but made his way to the middle.  So did Linh, but she didn't mind as much.

They pressed their lips against each other and kissed, but Fitz clearly saw how upset I looked and pulled away.  Both flushed crimson and made their way back to where they were sitting.  

It went on like that for another few rounds, I kissed Tam, Biana kissed Dex, and Marella kissed Keefe.

"Umm, I can go next," Biana offered and spun the bottle which landed on Fitz.  She looked disgusted and suggested we end the game before it gets weird.

"Oh, how about 7 minutes in Heaven," Marella remembered and soon got everyone but me to agree, "How do you play?"

"Well," I tried but didn't know how to tell them, "you go in a closest with another person and umm, sit there for 7 minutes."

"Nice try Foster, but I'm an empath," he proudly declared.

"Ugh, fine.  you go in there and make out for 7 minutes."

After all, the "ooooh" and "ahhhh," Biana apparently wanted to skip all the preparation and just said, "I challenge Sophie and Fitz to do this!"

A/N 877 words!  And 3 chapters in a day!  I am pretty tired.  Anyway, comment "mallowmelt" if you like the story so far, and "raw eggs" if ya don't.  Byeeeeeee!