Chapter 8

A/N Hey guys!  Nothing to say really, except that if you guys are reading can you comment if you like it or not?  Happy Reading!

Fitz's POV

I woke up just to smell Soph's sunshine blonde hair and feel her soft skin on mine.  She was obviously sleeping, with her head dug into my chest.  I thought about her nightmare last night, and how she was on the verge of crying.  I played with her hair and had the best thought I was probably going to have all day.  What if Sophie slept with me all week?  She clearly felt safer with me and I...liked it when she was next to me

I continued to run my hands through her soft hair, realizing it was only 5 AM. I dropped my head down and fell into a deep sleep again.  Never had I felt happier in my life.

"Shhhhhhhhh!" A voice interrupted my sleep.  Just as I was about to open my eyes, I recognized the voice as my sisters.  I wanted to jump out of bed and yell at her, but I couldn't manage the embarrassment.  So, I pretended to sleep and just listen.

But soon enough, Sophie started to shuffle and open her eyes when I frantically transmitted to her.

Soph, pretend you are sleeping cause Biana is coming!

Sleepily, she managed to say, Yep, thanks

"Awww, they are so cute!"  I winced realizing that voice belonged to my mom.  "How long do you think they'll stay like that?"

"Knowing Foster, I put my bet on 3 hours."

"Nah, Sophie is my best friend, and Fitz is my brother.  They should know I'm not dumb enough to actually think they are asleep."  I was confused at that point.  How does Bi know I'm awake?

"Watch them wake up right away after you tell them there's Mallowmelt and Ripplefluffs for breakfast!" Biana smiled when she smiled and when Sophie moved her head.

"Ha, I knew you were awake!"

Sophie and I both sat up and I retorted, "Whatever, why are you in my room?"  I widened my eyes, even more, when I saw everyone.  Dex, Keefe, Tam, Linh, and Marella plus my sister and my parents.  Sophie cringed and blushed.  

Before anyone could answer, Sophie told them we'd be down in 10 minutes.  To that, everyone walked out and gave us funny looks.  I returned them and looked at Sophie.  "Good morning, Soph."

Instead of replying, she pressed her lips against mine and kissed me.  I kissed her back, but then pulled away after a few minutes.  "Come on, we have to get ready."  She gave me her best pouty face but still jumped out of bed.  

I walked to my closet and picked out a simple tunic and jeans.  I felt good about it until Sophie walked out with a teal dress that went down till her thighs.  She looked beautiful but knowing my sister meant she would have a makeover in her near future.

  She looked beautiful but knowing my sister meant she would have a makeover in her near future

I gawked at her but then looked away not wanted to make her blush.  I took her hand and we walked down the stairs.  "So um, I wanted to thank you for not getting angry last night at me."

"Why would I be angry Soph?"

"I don't know, just because I woke you up in the middle of the night."  she was fiddling with her fingers, "I don't know why I overreact, this happens to me all the time."

"It does?  Soph, in that case, I want you to sleep with me the whole week." I carefully told her, "I want to be there for you."

She turned to me and with glee, she said, "Really?  Fitz, you are the best, I love you so much!"

This time, instead of replying, I did what she did and kissed her.  She was surprised but did it anyway when a person cleared their throat.  I jumped away to see Dex and Tam.  "So, I thought you were coming down to breakfast?" I nodded towards Dex when they started to laugh while Tam said, "Do you guys always have to be making out?"

We walked to the dining room and helped our selves to what was left of the delicious breakfast.  Afterward, Alden and Della left us to do what they called "Teenage Stuff"

No one really mentioned me and Sophie snuggling before, which was great.

"Who wants to play basequest?"

"ME!" Everyone shouted at Biana.  Running outside, I immediately called Sophie on my team.  Everybody rolled their eyes but let it be.

"We call questing!" Keefe yelled while I took  Sophie's hand and led her through the woods.  I had the best spot to hide.

"Fitz, where are we going?"

"you'll see Soph, you'll see!"

A/N 785 words, shorter than the last, but I had writer's block.  But anyway, that was 3 chapters in a day!  I am so happy, now that I have something to do in quarantine.  Adios peeps.