Chapter 14

A/N Hello!  I'm back today!  So, I noticed that none of you guys really commented, and that's okay, I just hope that you consider commenting your opinion soon.  Thank you for reading this book, and enjoy!

Fitz's POV

"Soph?" I whispered. "Sophie?" I then waved my hand in front of her face.  "I'm sorry, I-I shouldn't have done that."

She finally snapped out of her daze.  "Are you kidding? that's the best thing anyone's ever done for me, not to mention the nicest!"

She smiled wide, but I still had to make sure, "So will you go out with me tomorrow evening?"

Smiling even wider, she replied, "Yes, of course, I will Fitz!"  I didn't have to reply to her to know that I was happy.  We sat down, dipping our feet into the ice-cold water and just sat there, listening to the drizzling sounds of the waterfall hitting the rocks and then plunging into the water.  It looked like blue and silver threads of satin intertwined together.

With those thoughts floating in our minds, I leaned closer to her, my lips accidentally brushing across her cheek.  She immediately turned pink, only making her look cuter.  I didn't mind.  I brought my lips closer to her soft pink lips and was so close to kissing her until a loud thump interrupted.  It started to sound more like a voice.  A chirpy, girly voice. 

"Keefe, it's no use!"

"I don't care, I'm finding them no matter what!  Ooh, where does that door lead?"

Without further explaining, Sophie and I exchanged looks and ran out of the secret place.  If Keefe found out where we were, then Sophie nor I would hear the end of it.  Approaching the big wooden door, it pushed it open to see Keefe and my sister arguing behind some trees.

I took Sophie's small hands and ran towards them. Out of breath, Sophie informed, "Hey guys, we're here!"

They glared, but soon got over it and signaled to the dark blue sky with shimmering stars. "It's time for dinner!"

"Oh, right!  Let's go."

We ran through the forest soon reaching my house.  It was lit with candles all around and glowed in different colors. I'd never actually taken the time to admire it at night.

"Kids, c'mon!  dinner's getting cold!"

"Sorry!  We're coming, Della!" Sophie yelled back to her from outside.

Time Skip to After Dinner

"Thanks, Della, Dinner was great!"  Everybody agreed with Marella, nodding their heads.

"Aww, you're welcome kids!" she beamed, " But now, it's 10:00 and we had dinner super later today, because someone, disappeared.  Plus, I have a surprise for all of you tomorrow."

Everybody looked at me and Sophie and ran upstairs.  "So, who's sleeping where? How about girls and boys?"

Sophie and I shared looks.  Just this morning we'd agreed that Sophie would sleep with me because of her nightmares... plus, I liked having her sleep with me.

"Umm, or we could sleep in the rooms we slept in yesterday?"  Sophie tried to sound innocent but of course, Dex and Tam started to laugh and Keefe was ready to make a joke of us.

"Aww, you and lover boy want to sleep with each other!  Let them be Biana."

She giggled and soon agreed.  With more joking and me and Sophie turning crimson, everyone was off in their own rooms.  Tam and Biana in one, Keefe and Linh in another, and Dex and Marella.  I chuckled at that thought when Sophie gave me a perplexed expression.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I just thought of Dex and Marella in one room."  She chuckled at that thought too and walked into my room.  

"You can change here, and I'll change in my closet k?"

She nodded and went to grab her duffel bag.  She looked at me, and I snapped out of my daze, "Oh sorry!  I'll go in my closet now."

I walked into my enormous closet and picked out some shorts.  I ripped my other pants off and threw the new pants on.  Without realizing Sophie was changing and I should've asked before walking out, I opened the closet door.

I immediately flushed and instantly turned back into my closet.  I'd just seen Sophie without her clothes on, and honestly, I just couldn't take that picture out of my brain... she was so... perfect.

"Okay, I'm done!"  I came out of the closet with my head hung down.  Sophie must have realized, because she ran over to me and held my shoulders, "Hey, it's okay.  You took off my shirt to go for a swim, right?"

I smiled, Sophie, I could not ask for a better girlfriend than you.  I smiled, but it soon wore off after I realized what I said.

She nudged me playfully, "Ahhh, so I'm your girlfriend now, huh?"

I rolled my eyes and patted a spot on the bed next to me.  She took the offer, and rolled until she crashed into my hands.  She looked at me, with a look on her face that told me she wanted me to hug her.  So, I wrapped my arms around her waist and used the other hand to play with her hair which looked like golden rays of the sun.  Soon enough, her breathing started to slow down, signaling she was asleep.  I whispered, "I love you, Soph, " in her ear, and soon drifted off into a quiet sleep.  Or I thought so.

Until about 1:30 AM, everything was quiet and peaceful, besides the sounds of nature.  Although around that time, I felt hustling in my bed.  I half opened my eyes, to see Sophie getting my arm off of her and putting it on to the side of me.  Curious to see why I helped her out and pretended to sleep.

But instead of sleeping, she climbed out of bed quietly sobbing and walked out of my room.  I could not let her cry, so I also got out, and quietly followed her.  Slowly, she made her way to the main door of Everglen and walked out; so did I.  She strolled around for a bit, then made her way to the fountain.  There, she silently cried, rubbing her eyes.

Trying to get closer, I stepped on a dry leaf.  And although that wouldn't have been so loud in the day, in the night it was soundless and the only noise was the breeze knocking into the trees.

Upon hearing that noise, Sophie turned around, alarmed.  "Who is it?"

I froze and didn't answer.  "Fitz?  I know it's you."  I sighed but roamed over to where Sophie was relaxing.  

"I'm sorry.  You moved, and I was just curious to see where you were going." I explained to her, "I wasn't going to follow you until I heard a sob escape from you."

She shrugged, "I'm sorry if I woke you up."

I laughed, "Well, that's why you are sleeping with me right?  So you can wake me up if you get nightmares?"

Like a huge weight being lifted off her shoulders, she leaned closer to me, closing the gap between us slowly.  And surely, she closed it completely, by pressing her lips onto mine.  Surprised, I hesitated but kissed her back.

It felt right.  It wasn't forced because of a stupid game, nor was it because of our friends.  This kiss was real, I would probably call our first one.  We made out for a while until she and I pulled back for air.

Breathlessly, Sophie and I said, "Wow!"  I was about to go in for another when I heard quiet snoring.  It was Sophie, she was fast asleep, under the moon and stars.  And instead of picking her up, I laid down there too and rubbed my thumb ever so slightly across her face.

And playing that kiss, again and again, I closed my eyes, gradually turning off my brain and sleeping with the smell of Sophie's sun-kissed hair.

A/N Exactly 1300 words!  My longest chapter.  Sorry, I updated so late in the day, I just wanted to make this chapter long.  And now, we are also down with day 2 of the sleepover!  How do you guys like it so far!  I can't wait to write days 3, 4, and 5 of the sleepover.  So, I'll see you tomorrow, bye!!!!