Chapter 10

A/N Ahhhh! I promised like a few people that I would have this chapter ready by 4.  But now I am dying because I don't think I can do it.  So I apologize if you are reading this and it is late.  Anyways, you can read now.

Fitz's POV

I smiled wide as Sophie explained everyone the rules of Hide and Seek.  I don't think she realized that Keefe was smirking like crazy.  She looked up, and her blonde hair followed as she confusedly looked at Keefe and made up a new rule, " No abilities allowed though."

Keefe's smile dropped as it turned into a playful sad face.  "C'mon foster you're so boring!"

"Yeah, why not?"

"You both are just upset cuz Keefe, you can sense emotions, and Linh you can distract people with water." she shook her head and continued with the rules.  "So, Keefe, you can be the seeker since you wanted to-"

"Well, I don't wanna now!"

Marella and Dex laughed while I continued, "Since Everglen is so big, Keefe you need to count till... 456!"

He groaned but started to count anyway, "1, 2, 3..."

By that time, I'd taken Sophie's hand and rushed to my room.  "Fitz, you're not showing me another secret garden are you?"

"Ha, ha. No.  I have a place in my room that might work out and we might just fit in it."

I kept walking with her until we opened the room door.  I ran under the bed and she started to laugh, "you are so cute Fitz, hiding under the bed is the worst place to hide." through her laugher she said, "anyone can find you there."

Laughing along, I gestured her to follow me.  "Trust me, I have a place under the floorboards."  At that phrase, she stopped laughing and began to become interested. 

I picked them up to reveal a small compartment with just enough space for us.  "Fitz, how do we fit there?"

Instead of replying, I laid down in the space and motioned for her to lay down on me.  "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, why not?" I questioned.

"Umm, it just seems like a weird position..."  I shook my head and said, it's either this or Keefe finds you in a lame place like my closet.  Laughing, she joined me and put the floorboards back on.  It was only after that when she realized how close we were.  She was on top of me.  Not that I cared.

She looked into my eyes, and I stared into hers with gold flecks.  I slowly inched my way closer to her lips are pressed them against hers.  After 9 or so minutes, I hesitated but made my way to the hem of her shirt.  Just as I was about to slide my hand underneath it, we heard a person kneel down.  Sophie and I immediately pulled away, not that we could move at all.

The person took off the floorboards to reveal Sophie on top of me.  Just as I thought it couldn't get any weirder, not only the seeker Keefe was there, but also all of our friends.  Sophie blushed, and I'm sure I did too. 

She quickly got off of me and climbed up to my room.  While I was getting out she answered all of our friend's questionable faces, "It's not what it looks like we were just hiding and the space was limited."

"Really Foster?  Because your emotions say otherwise."

"Keefe somethings are personal."

"oh, so you did do-"

Keefe was cut off by me loudly clearing my throat, "Keefe, if she says it's personal, it's personal.  End of discussion."

After my huge outburst on my best friend we all left the topic and walked towards the dining room.  Forgetting about what had happened, we found our selves having lunch laughing and talking.

That was weird

Yeah, it was

I hope they don't mention it ag-

My thoughts were cut off by Dex being like, "When are you and wonderboy gonna stop flirting?"

Sophie reddened and I looked away, maybe a little too fast because everyone was now staring at me.  The rest of the lunch was eaten quietly until Mom brought out dessert, which today was mallowmelt and ripplefluffs.  

Everyone shouted with glee, and Sophie filled her plate and started to stuff her face; she was so cute.  "Okay everybody," Biana announced, "It's... MAKEOVER TIME!

A/N All done! 735 words. And I am only 4 minutes late.  Yay!  I was thinking I could write a 3rd chapter today, but I have other things to do, so I will update tomorrow.  Bye guys!