Chapter 18

A/N Hey guys!  I'm sorry for not updating yesterday.  So what happened was that I wrote half the chapter and then I closed my laptop, and then everything was gone because I closed the tab without saving my work... so ya.  Sorry again, I hope you like the book and enjoy this chapter. 

Fitz's POV

Grinning, I took her hand and stepped out the door.  Under the moonlight, it was quiet, and it seemed as if she liked it. so stayed quiet until she seemed ready to talk.

"Did I mention you look so beautiful?" I smiled then looking down blushing.

Grinning, I took that as yes, "So, where are we going?"

"You know that I'm never going to tell you right?" I responded taking out a blindfold and wrapping it around her eyes.  Groaning, she agreed.

Hooking our arms together, we strolled through the woods on Everglen's property, until we approached a large wooden door.  I used all my strength to lift it up and carried Sophie and sat her next to the waterfall.  

"Can I take my blindfold off?"  I smiled at her quick question and ripped it off.  As soon as her eyes got adjusted to the bright reflection of the moon in the water, she realized where she was.  

Her smile grew, and she draped her arms around me, "Fitz, I love this place, thanks!"

I motioned my hand to a space between the waterfall and the rocks.  And there it was, a wooden canoe sailed out with oars on each of its sides.  I came up to us, and I got in waiting for Sophie to sit.

Awestruck, she just stood there.  "You okay Soph?"

"Umm, yeah I'm just scared of ships because I feel like they are going to fall over."  

To that, I burst out in laughter, "Oh gosh Soph!  Elvin boats do not tip over!  They run by magic!"

Raising an eyebrow, she sat in, and the canoe immediately started to move the oars.  "Wait, it literally goes by its self?

I shook my head to her innocence and we were off.

"FITZ! We're going to CRASH into a CLIFF!"

"Geez, Sophie!" I covered my ears, "The cliff is another illusion!"

She hung onto me and closed her eyes until we neared the cliff.  To her surprise, we went right into it and came out to a clearing.

"Wow!" Sophie widened her eyes to the place.

A string of sparkling golden lamps shone along the edges of the garden, and small shrubs and bushes gave out the aroma of lavender, with roses surrounding the area.  A stone path weaved along the sides to a clear pond with the reflection of the moon on it.  It swayed softly in the water, and a soft noise of a waterfall completed the look.  It was in a distance, but not too far to be invisible; just enough to not be annoying.

I led her down another stone path with rose petals scattered on it and a line of daises noon either side.  Leading her to a place, with soft grass and music.  On it, was my picnic, the one that I cooked myself.  When looking over the picnic, you could see the clear pond had the moonlight on it.

"Uh, do you like it?" I'd hoped she did because I worked really hard on it since it was our first date.

"Fitz, you're kidding right?" I sealed, "I love it!  I can't believe you decorated all of this!"

"Well, there's one more surprise..."  I led her to my picnic, and she covered her mouth.

"Fitz!  You made all of this?!"

I nodded, and she examined all the foods.  The human foods; lasagna, pasta, pizza, tacos, enchiladas, and so many more types and cuisines.  And then, I'd cooked Elvin food;  Bile pods, brattails, and many more that Sophie hadn't tasted.

"Stop!  You went to the lost cities and bought me all this human food?"

I proudly smirked, "Nope!  I cooked it all myself!"

Her mouth dropped open as she sat on the soft silky grass next to me.  "Fitz, thank you, I don't know what I would've done if you never found me in the forbidden cities."

Frowning, I asked what she meant.  "I mean, on my 7th birthday, I wished to find someone who could understand me and like me for who I am.  And my wish came true all because of you."

Smiling, I took out plates and handed it to her, "I don't know where I'd be either."  She filled her plates with a little of everything, and so did I.  "By the way, human food is so good!"

"I know right?  But so is Elvin food."  Eating in silence, I stared at the moon with the only noise of the music and the rushing waterfall.

"So, you ready for dessert?" 

Her eyes widened once again, "Seriously?"

"Yeah, you didn't think that I'd bring you somewhere so romantic and not eat dessert did you?"

"Nope!  Of course not!" She sarcastically rolled her eyes as I went behind a tree and brought out a  large plate of Elvin desserts.  Then, I went again, bringing out a plate of Human desserts filled with chocolate and vanilla cake, cheesecake, chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, and ice cream and so many other things.

Dropping her mouth, Sophie reached for a slice of cheesecake and stuffed it in her mouth, "I haven't had this in so many years!"

"So, what do you want to do now?" We had just finished dessert and Sophie was left wondering as I stood up.

"Well, I know this is not as fancy as when I asked you out, but I just couldn't wait any longer." I readjusted myself and took her hand, "Sophie Foster, will you be my girlfriend?"

She was jumping up and down at that point, "Yes!  I would love that Fitz!"  She was celebrating when she added, "And I don't care how fancy it is when you ask me this stuff, I just want it to be you and no one else."

Laying down next to Sophie, I answered her question from before, " I was thinking now we could just look at the stars and stuff?"

"I'd love that Fitzy."

"Fitzy?" I questioned that nickname.

"What?  You call me Soph!"

We shared that joke as a gleam in the sky caught my eye.  It wasn't just a gleam of a blazing star, but it was a shooting star.  "Soph, it's a shooting star!"  I exclaimed, but it seemed as if she followed my gaze and also saw the star.

I hope my love for Sophie never dies I had made a wish silently thinking Sophie was also making one.

"What was your wish?" I asked.

"Can't tell you!" I shook her head and laid it down on my shoulder.

I laughed and cupped her chin in my hands, "Sophie, I love you."  I leaned over, her warm breath on my cheeks, with a gap just for the moonlight to pass.  I looked up at her golden eyes and closed the gap.  She kissed me back, and it went on, just like that with the crashing of the waterfall, and the musical sounds in the garden.  

Pulling away after about 5 minutes, I breathlessly held her.  Laying down with the noises, Sophie must have drifted off to sleep, because I was playing with her hair without hearing her giggling.

The only thought at that point was the fact that Sophie Foster was my girlfriend.  I swirled around my head getting smaller and smaller until I also drifted off into a sound sleep touching Sophie's soft skin and occasionally peeking at her lovely face.  

A/N 1246 words!  Sorry for the 2-day delay though, I just couldn't figure out how to write this chapter but I do hope you like it!  Comment if you can guess what day 4 of the sleepover holds!  I am actually going to start writing it now, and chapter 19 should (Hopefully) be up by today evening.  Bye guys, and stay safe!