Chapter 25

A/N Ahhhhhhhh! I hate myself, I have not updated in like a week!  Sorry!  Enjoy this chapter! 

Sophie's POV

As I rolled over, I crashed into someone.  That woke me up and made me open my eyes to see me, fiance holding his chest coughing.  "Fitz?" as soon as I realized what had happened, I apologized, "Oh Fitz, I didn't mean... I'm so sorry."

"It's okay Soph." he shrugged it off and pulled me in for a long kiss when, of course, we were interrupted by a rather jealous blonde-haired guy standing in the doorway.  

"If you're gonna go all Sophitz mode, at least close the door."  Before either of us could respond, he exhaled sharply and turned to go down to breakfast.

Fitz rolled his eyes and turned back to me, "So today was the last day of the sleepover, and... I mean, it helped when you slept with me... so." 

He waited for me to jump in and complete the sentence.  "Yeah, I was thinking about that, and maybe we could sleep at each other's house every other week.  One week at mine's, and one week at yours."

He smiled and added, "And after 4 weeks, in our house."  grinning, he waited for me to realize.

A million feelings hit me as I recollected what he had told me.  "We're... we're getting married in 4 weeks?"

"Yeah!  I mean, only if you're fine with it."

I nodded and kept the scared feelings to myself as we walked down the stairs for breakfast.  "Ahh, there's our newly engaged couple!  We were talking about you!"

"Us, or the big wedding you and Edaline want to plan?" Fitz joked as he took the last seat on the table.

Awkwardly, I looked around and situated myself behind Fitz leaning on his chair.  Alden glimpsed at me and quickly cleared his throat, to which Fitz blushed furiously and got up from the chair he was sitting in.  

"Here you go Soph." He pulled out the chair and stood himself up.

All eyes turned towards us.  "It's alright Fitz!"

"No, it's not.  Um, how about you can... um, sit on me?"  He meekly said and right on cue, Keefe burst out laughing.

Sparing him the embarrassment, I sat down on his lap and put my arm around his shoulder.  "So, we're going home today huh?"

My mom and Della spoke up, "We're going dress shopping!"

Simultaneously, the girls squealed and I groaned.  "Fine."

"Well, then Sophie it's time for a makeover!"

Time Skip

With widening eyes, Fitz stepped forward and offered his hand to me.  "Soph, you look marvelous."

I blushed, knowing what Biana had in mind.  She put me in the shortest dress thinking I wouldn't know what she was planning.  There was something seriously wrong about that girl.

I wined so much to Biana about how I did not like it, but would she ever listen? No

I also noticed Keefe had stepped forward, but after Fitz glared at him, he stepped back into his original position.

"Okaaaaaayyy, so who's ready to go!" Linh squealed.

"MEEEEEEE!" Edaline, Della, Biana, Linh, and Marella yelled, while simply rolled my eyes, and unenthusiastically (Is that a word? Sorry for the interruption) said yes.

Whisperers everywhere and people kept stealing a look at, 'The girl who got to marry Fitz Vacker.'

And no matter how much Biana talked and no matter how loud she talked to trying and seal out those whispers, I could still hear them, and feel them breaking my heart.  "Don't worry, their just jealous."

I shrugged and followed my mom and Della to a store called 'Dresses, Dresses, and Dresses!'  It seemed like one of those stores where Biana would spend her day at.  AKA, my least favorite.

We walked in, and 2 women rushed towards me and greeted me.  Then, they led us down 50 aisles of just dresses and left us alone.  Immediately, everyone scattered and went to find 10 dresses each they thought would be good.   And I didn't realize, until I got to the trying room, that I'd have to try on near to 60 dresses.

"Okay, I know you guys just wanna help, but let's start with 2 dresses each that would look nice."

After minutes of debating over dresses, I had 2 from each girl and I went off into the dressing room.  Almost instantly, my eyes fell on a teal dress with a ball gown shape.  I put it on, and ran out.  "How's this one?"

They all liked it, but not one dress had given us the 'Wow' we wanted.  After nearly spending hours, a dress in the corner caught my eye.  It went from a beautiful white, to dark blue and was an A-line.

I grinned, "I want all my bridesmaid dresses to teal. too" I paused and looked at Biana, Linh, and Marella. "I want you to be my bridesmaids!"

"NO WAY!" they squealed as the lady at the counter took my measurements.  

I led them to the bridesmaid store, and there it was a perfect teal dress that was also ombre just like mine.  We packed them all, he took out our leaping crystals, "Everglen!"

Time Skip

 I dropped down on the couch just as Biana screeched, "Guys, how about the shoe shopping?"

"Not today Bi."

I closed my eyes, and Keefe walked from around the corner.  "Um, Sophie?"  I bolted awake and saw him fiddling with his fingers.

"Yeah, what's up Keefe?"

"Can I talk to you outside?"

I smiled and took him the great lawn.  "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just wanted to tell you, that um..."

"C'mon Keefe, you're my friend, tell me."

"I really, really, really, like you."

I jaw dropped open as I searched my mind for words.  "Keefe, I'm engaged." I pointed to the shining ring on my finger.  "And I'm sorry, I just... I can't say that I like you ba-"

I was cut off by Keefe pushing me to the tree and jamming his lips on mine.  It did not feel right.  I pushed and squirmed, but he held me tight.  And right as I was going to try inflicting, footsteps came for the corner, and Fitz emerged.  

Keefe pulled away, leaving me standing there.  "Soph?"

Fitz looked angry, and I tried to reassure him, "Fitz, I didn't... he kissed me, I was trying to get away, I swear!"

"Sophie, why?  I thought you loved me," he yelled.  "You know what, enjoy life with your new boyfriend."

He ran away, leaving Keefe standing in front of me.  "You little-"

"I'm sorry!"

"Yeah, well that's not gonna work now Keefe."

And I ran after Fitz, yelling his name every so often with no reply.

A/N 1115 words!  Okay, you guys probably hate me for not updating in a week, and now you hate me more for making Keefe kiss Sophie.  But every story has its antagonist, and he is mine.  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Keefe in the books, and he is hilarious, but just for once, I am keeping him as the bad guy.  Thank you for reading, and stay safe!  See you tomorrow with a new chapter!