Chapter 24

A/N 2nd chapter in a day! Yay!  Enjoy...

Fitz's POV

Okay, it was time.  C'mon Fitz, don't back out now. I thought to myself before I took my hands of Sophie's smiling face.  I'd prepared a party for her, with a small surprise in the beginning.  

I took my hand off, making her face the opposite way so I would have time to get ready.  "You ready Soph?"

She excitedly nodded her head and I took my hands off.  She stood there confused for a second but turned around to an unexpected surprise.

From her point of view, she saw Paris.  I'd learned a type of magic that could turn any place into another for how much ever time I wanted.  I brought Sophie right in front of the Eiffel Tower.  I got down on one knee while she looked around even more confused.  

Then, she swiftly turned her head to me and saw my position.  Her hands covered her mouth and her eyes widened.  "Sophie Elizebeth Foster-Ruewen, will you marry me?"

For once in my life, I had hope for something, Sophie had made me the positive person I was, and I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her.  So, with pleading eyes, I sat there.  For 1 minute, then 2, then 3.  

I was about to give up when Sophie finally got out of her daze.  "Yes Fitz," she whispered at first, but repeated louder, "Yes, Fitz I would be honored to marry you!"  I took the rose gold ring with a teal gem in the middle and slipped it on her finger.

  "Yes Fitz," she whispered at first, but repeated louder, "Yes, Fitz I would be honored to marry you!"  I took the rose gold ring with a teal gem in the middle and slipped it on her finger

This time, I didn't have to make the first move, because Sophie put her lips on mine, and I kissed her back.  I wrapped my hands around her waist as she held my shoulders.  And now, we had no one to interrupt us, just me and her, in front of the Effiel Tower, living our lives.

After a few minutes, she breathlessly pulled away and we awkwardly stared at each other, "So now what?" I asked.

Sophie laughed, and looked into my eyes "Now, you tell me how you brought me to Paris."

"Very funny, but I have my secrets!  Now close your eyes." I wrapped my arms around her waist from behind and snapped so the illusion bubble popped.  Now, Sophie would turn around to another surprise.

"Wow!" Sophie had turned around to a big banner that said, 'Congratulations!' and everybody was there.  

They yelled, "Congratulations Sophie and Fitz!"  Then, they all ran towards us and piled on top of each other.

"They knew about this?" Sophie questioned after the dogpile.

"Yeah, well I needed some people to decorate and stuff,"  I answered back.

"Lemmeseethering!" Biana and everybody else blurted out.

"Fitz didn't show you?" Sophie said as she held out her hand for everyone to admire.

"Yeah, well Fitz doesn't really have a great reputation for sharing stuff with his family, " Biana gave me a playful glare, "remember the time he jumped up on stage and told you how he felt?"

"Well, we have a surprise for both of you!" Edaline smiled.  And with a snap of her hand, the decorations changed, and everybody yelled, "Congratulations on becoming Cognates!"

After a while of party's and celebrations, dinner was brought and we enjoyed in silence when Biana finally exploded with the question she'd been dying to ask, "WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO GET MARRIED?????"

We laughed and replied, "Not yet, Biana, not yet."

And with that, the night ended, and so did the sleepover.  Sophie was in my bed, with her head against me.  "It's hard to imagine how everything was just a week ago, and now I'm going to marry you."

I thought a bit, trying to imagine a week ago and how much had changed.  I was going to marry Sophie Foster.

A/N Yay!  2nd chapter today!  Thank you for reading, and see you tomorrow!  Stay safe!