Chapter 9

A/N Hello Again!  I have 189 views, you can't even begin to guess how happy that makes me.  Thank you for reading, and enjoy chapter 9!

Sophie's POV

"Please?" begging Fitz I followed him through the woods.  He looked at me, flashing his signature grin and my heart did that weird fluttery thing.  

"You are so impatient!" he walked even faster and now I was practically running to catch up with him.  "It's a surprise!"

"Ugh, boys."  pretending to be hurt, he led me to a clearing.  It had marbled stone paths and greenery surrounding the edges.  A small waterfall fell into a pond that was clear blue.  I smiled at him, "Fitz, this is so pretty!" I squealed, "Are we hiding here?" 

  I smiled at him, "Fitz, this is so pretty!" I squealed, "Are we hiding here?" 

"Yeah, no one except me and you and my parents know about this place." I could see his smile drop as he said the last part, "I used to come here when I was upset.  Like the time when my father's mind broke-" he stopped there to make sure I was fine. Then continued, " I also used to come here when the Neverseen kidnapped you."

My heart was breaking for him.  I slid closer to him and squeezed his hand.  "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just wanted to show you this place because its important to me, and so are you."  I smiled and walked in.  "So, where do you want to hide?"

"Well, in the pond is magical. On the outside, it seems dirty so no one can see through it, but the inside is totally clean."

I looked at him surprised and without thinking of anything, I asked him, "Well, let's go in!"

His face lit up and he ripped off his shirt.  I blushed.  "What? You slept with your head in my chest all night!"

Laughing, I walked towards the pool.  Confused he walked closer and looked at me.  "Take off your dress!"

A/N I know I said I wouldn't interrupt, but I was inspired by another fanfiction and wrote along those lines for the next 1-2 paragraphs.

"What?" I almost yelled. "I am not, taking off my clothes."

"Yeah, you are." Fitz chased me until I tripped.  He used that to his advantage and decided to quickly slip his hand under my dress.  And to my refusal, he took it off leaving me exposed.  I blushed so hard and tackled him as a joke.  But he was smarter and plopped me onto his shoulders and jumped in the pool.  I flinched at the cold water but soon got used to it.

Good thing Fitz can't see through the water I thought that would be so weird.

"Fitz this place is beautiful, I can't thank you enough for bringing me here."

"Well, you're welcome."  I smiled as Fitz acknowledged me.  Drowned in the thought of the bright green trees and colorful flowers, and the continuous sound of the waterfall, I didn't realize that a vast wave just submerged me in water.  I stayed underneath there for a while to scare Fitz, and just as he got worried, I popped back up and splashed him with even more water.

"Splash War!" he declared as I shot him with another rush of water.  Laughing, he splashed me back.  Giggling and laughing, neither of us noticed a person walking into the secret place.  

"Okay!" I giggled, "I give up!" 

"I win!" he announced.  Pulling me closer, I felt a hand on my waist.  I put another hand on his shoulder and just as he was about to come closer and kiss me, he backed away.  I looked at him weird and blushed.  

What if I got the wrong idea?  What if Fitz lost his feelings for me? I thought while trying to make sense of what had happened.

Soph, I'm sorry, I just saw that bush rustle, and I wanted to make sure no one was spying on us.

We stared at the bush longer, and the person gave up and appeared in the far corner of the path.  Our eyes widened and we blushed as we'd never before.

"There is no reason to worry!  I won't make a big deal out of it." then smiling, he added " or tell anyone you're dating."  

"But dad, why'd you come here?" Fitz looked at him confusedly.

"Well, your friends have been trying to find you for a long time, so they asked me to help." he looked around at the beautiful garden and said, "I had a hunch you were here showing Sophie."He nodded at me continuing his explanation, "So I decided to check.  But I didn't bring anybody because I know this is important to you."

Fitz looked so happy, and I was truly happy too. I was also happy about the fact that Alden didn't bring our friends as Keefe would never let us hear the end of it.  We walked out with him and hiked through the woods.

And just as I was about to ask if we were here, a bunch of voices were questioning us, "WHERE WERE WERE YOU GUYS?"

Fitz and I laughed saying, "You know, places!"

Everyone groaned walking inside.

"Sophie? Know any more human games?"

I nodded towards Fitz, "Yeah Fitz, there's hide and seek!"

After explaining everyone the rules, Keefe had a mischievous grin on his face and yelled, "I want to be the seeker!"

A/N Hi guys. 932 words!  So I did pick up inspiration from another fanfiction for 2 paragraphs, so I just wanted to make sure you guys knew that before everyone comments that I stole ideas.  LOL. Anyways, I will see you in the next chapter!