Chapter 13

A/N Hey guys, so today I might just do one chapter because I have something else to do.  But if I have time I might do another short one.

Sophie's POV

"Umm, Fitz?" I looked past the door seeing him grinning to himself.  " Are you okay?"

"Yeah, where'd you go?" 

He looked towards Dex and simply answered, " Sorry, I forgot my dad needed to see me for something."  Everybody just looked at him, but I knew he was up to something.  Before I could think of anything, Fitz asked everyone to play a game.

He looked at me, hoping I knew some other human games.  But, before I could explain, his imparter rang and he walked out.

"We should wait until he comes back."  

"Awww, you and lover boy seems to really like each other, don't think I didn't see the way you looked at him!" He smirked, and I shook my head.

"And who do you like Keefe?" I retorted back, "I know we'll find out.  We're here together for a week, this is just day 2."

"Oooh, Foster has been working on her comebacks!"  

Before I could work on answering that one, Fitz ran out worriedly.  "Sophie, we need to talk..." he looked at everyone else, "Privately."

Looking up, I followed him through the massive halls of Everglen, "Is everything okay Fitz?  You seem a little off."

"Yeah, but I just found out some new that neither of us will like." he looked at me, on the verge of crying; he never cried.  "Can I transmit to you?"

I reassured him and said yes.  He slipped into my mind.

Fitz, you were going to tell me something?

Yeah, so after the meeting with my father I was going to Atlantis to get something for you when I did some research on your biological parents.

You what?  Fitz, I told everyone to stay out of that because it could get us in trouble!

I know, I know, it just, your parents are...

Fitz, I promise I won't be mad, just tell me!

Della and Alden.

hearing those names caused tears to come to life in my eyes.  Without responding, I ran out the door and just ran through the forest, not turning back to any of Fitz's words.  I just ran, faster than ever.  I didn't know where I was going, but anywhere could be fine.

I stopped, to catch my breath, and recalled the beautiful garden Fitz had shown me a few hours ago.  I went to the door and lifted it open.  I ran inside, with my blurred vision, and sat by the waterfall.  I buried my head in my knees and bawled my eyes out. 

Sitting there for a while, I felt a bit relaxed, but just the fact that Alden and Della were my parents made tears well up in my eyes.

After an hour or two, I heard a person out of breath, he opened the big door and walked in.  "Soph?"

I knew that voice, I dried my tears on the side of my dress and stood up.  "Hey."

He ran towards me and hugged me, I didn't hug him back because nothing could make me feel better.  Situating himself next to me near the waterfall he simply assured me, "I'm here if you want to talk."

"Fitz, I-I don't even know what to say!" I cried once more, "After everything we've been through, we find out were siblings."

Without any need for further explaining, he reassured me, "It's okay Sophie, we'll find our way through this." he attempted a smile, "we're cognates right?"

He brought his thumb close to mine and my heart fluttered; did it not get the message that he was my brother?  Our cognate rings snapped together.  "Hey, how about we do some trust exercises or maybe practice for our test next week?"

"Really Fitz?  Look, I'm not in the mood for that now."

"You will be..."

"What do you mean?"

He stood up, put his hands in the air, and yelled, "PRANK!"

I took a second to process what he said, at first I was mad, but then tears of joy streamed out of my eyes and I fell on him.  He held me tight, shaking himself.

"Never, ever, do that again Fitz, never."

"aww, c'mon, I had to get back for your prank? Right?"  He smiled, "I thought you'd be upset, so I got you a gift."  He put two fingers up in the air and signaled towards something.  

Water shot up from the pond and floated in midair.  My mouth fell open.  "Wow!"

"Oh, it's gonna get better."

It did.  A sentence formed, letter by letter, word by word.  

By the end of the sentence, I was speechless.  Fitz read to the sentence to me, "Sophie Foster, will you go out with me?" 

I stared.

A/N 776 words!  Yay!  I know it's sorta short, but I loved writing this chapter!  Who liked Fitz's prank?  Anyways, I'll see you all later today if I update, or tomorrow.  Byeeeeeee!