Not Another Patient (Remile)

I am trying so hard to consistently update every Saturday. Hopefully this continues!

They aren't sides but I thought I would write it anyway. It's kind of angsty so if you don't like that please don't read it. Take care of yourself.

T.W: Swearing (It's Remy, come on)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Remyyyy." My boyfriend whined. I was about to leave the house. He had one of his off days at work, sadly I did not.
"Yes Ee?"
"You're going to be back early tonight, right?"
"I'll try my best." I gave him a quick kiss before leaving the house to get to work.

I worked at this beautiful cafe, small and cosy, constellations and nebulas covering the walls. The space theme was met with a book-swap attached. E.Tea and Coffee was run by this nerd called Logan. He was serious and stone cold, but definitely not emotionless. A hooded boy with purple bangs usually came in at late hours and then Logan would insist on serving him so I would go round back. I couldn't stand there and watch. The sexual tension was killing me.

But it was a lovely environment. I had maintained the job and wasn't planning on loosing it any time soon. Part of that made me try and get more shifts. The other part was that I was trying to earn some more money. Emile and I weren't uncomfortable, but I was saving for something. What I'm saving up for, I wish I knew. I just felt that I needed to save up for something. For the future.

See, before I got the beautiful boyfriend that I have now, I was all over the place. I didn't have a proper job and money was just an object really. I was a hot mess, a handsome mess. Bitch I was beautiful, on the outside. Go inside and I may as well be a fucking trash can. Emile gave me the incentive to change my life around. To do something with it. I think his intelligence and control over his life was one of the things that truly made me fall in love with him.

I would try to get back to Emile before it was late but if a shift was going, I would take it, Logan didn't mind. Emile wouldn't either, at least not once I had figured out what I was earning and saving my money for. Don't worry, I'm not heartless. I always text him if I'll be late back.

~<•>~

I close the apartment door as quietly as possible. I don't switch on the lights in case Emile fell asleep on the couch, apparently not though because he turns them on himself.
"Remy." I'm concerned by his strict tone.
"Ee, what are you doing up. It's late."
"Yes, it is." I put my stuff down and went over to my boyfriend. He gave me a look and nodded his head as a sign to sit down. It meant that this was serious. Don't think I'll be able to flirt my way out of whatever this was.

"Remy, why-why are you staying at work so late?"
"E, you know I'm-"
"Trying to earn some extra money. That's what you've said every time we've discussed it. But it doesn't make sense why you have to." He sighed and finally looked at me, he wasn't angry though. He just looked determined.
"What's going on? This is a clear sign of a problem in our relationship. The little contact, the separation, the fact that you can't give me clear answers. We need to communicate here, then I can figure out what to do."

There it was. He was therapising me (I know it's not a word but bear with me). He was trying to figure me out, like I'm his client.
"Emile? What are you saying?"
"Now we don't need to raise our voices, arguments are necessary but-"
"Emile!"
"If you just talk to me I can fix the relationship."
"Emile!"
"It probably an obvious psychological problem, maybe the added stress of-"
"Enough Emile!"

"Are you even listening to yourself? People don't look into relationships like this, like there's a psychological problem! We don't fix things alone, we do it together! But I don't need fixing! The relationship doesn't need fixing! If you could trust me instead of trying to read into me you would realise that this isn't particularly unusual when the people in the relationship are busy people! You're not my doctor and I am not another one of your patients!"

The room was silent. My frustration was slowly dying away. Now I could just see Emile's confused face, like when you try a hard math problem. His mouth opened and closed.

"I don't know what to do?" I went down to him.
"You don't have to. We need to work together and you need to trust me."
"It's so much easier helping my patients."
"I know but you're objective then, and it's not like you have the same kind of vested interest in them that you would have with me.
"I'm sorry."
"I know but it's okay, we're both learning."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm not too sure about that ending. I don't know, I just felt that Emile might not leave his work in his office. Does that make sense?

I hope you enjoyed this and please leave comments whether it's feedback, requests or just general comments. They are always appreciated.

Thank you and take care of yourselves.

-SiD