Ignore (Logince)

So, I thought I would have another go at Logince. Hopefully you people will enjoy this and it's angst.

TW: Being ignored and talking about being selfish.
Tell me if I missed something and please look after yourselves so don't read it if this will cause you harm.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ping!
I will check my phone later, I needed to finish this schedule for Thomas.

Ping!
That can't be important, the others are fully aware of my working times.

Ping!
Presumably it is on that unnecessary groupchat that Patton added me to, much to my disdain. Whatever it was it wouldn't need a response.

Ping!
I can barely focus on the budget with this continuous sound, however, if I stopped to check my phone I would get distracted. It's Thomas' nature and as a consequence, it is partially mine.

"Logan!"

Roman came bursting into my room whining.
"What?" I didn't even turn to look at him, I just continued to type. I could feel him stop in his place.
"Love?" He
"What?" I said louder.
"Well, uh..." Roman faltered, "I-I. You were ignoring me."

If I had been in the correct mindset then I would have noticed the dejected tone. But I wasn't in the correct mindset, I was stressed and angry. We all know that those feelings have caused aggressive outbursts from me before but, I thought I had control. Clearly I didn't.

"Ignoring you? I've been ignoring you. It was you constantly texting me?"
"Well-uh."
"Oh God Forbid Roman Be Ignored! What about me? I was ignored last episode and maybe if you had bothered to care then maybe we wouldn't be in that position again!"

Roman was stepping further and further away from me.

"YOU ARE SO SELF-CENTRED ROMAN! FOR ONCE IN YOUR EMPTY, SELFISH LIFE CAN YOU THINK OF SOMEONE ELSE?! I HAVE HAD TO DEAL WITH SO MUCH AND BABYSITTING YOU WAS NOT ON MY TO DO LIST! GET OUT OF MY ROOM AND PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER! MAYBE THEN WE CAN HAVE A CHAT ABOUT BEING IGNORED!"

He ran right out of the room. Looking back, the tears on his face were so clear, but I was to caught up in my frustration at others. And then I took it out on my boyfriend.

After finally finishing my work I decided to check my phone to see what was so important.

Roman: My dear nerd, your presence is wanted in the imagination, I have something that I would love to show you

Roman: My love, I don't know if you got my last message but come to the imagination

Roman: Logan, I know you might be busy working but I'm waiting for you to come to the imagination

Roman: I worked really hard on this, please come to the imagination Logan

I felt something in my stomach and frowned. I left my room and walked to the previously mentioned destination. When I got there I was confused, a trail of red rose petals covered a path up a hill.

I decided to follow it and found a piece of golden card on the floor. It said:

My sweet Logan, please follow the path.

There were several of these notes, all with similar loving text but the one that caught my was:

I know you have been feeling neglected so I thought I would show you that you would always be important and matter to me.

I started running, feeling an irrational and unusual feeling of fear at what I might find at the end of my journey.

The petals ended in a secluded field. There was a picnic blanket and basket right in the centre. Next to it was a telescope pointed right where the Big Dipper would most likely be. As I walked closer I could see books of poetry on the blanket as well as Crofters in the basket.

I dropped to my knees. I finally knew what the feeling in my stomach was.

Guilt.

My boyfriend had made all of this for me, to show he cared. I was so wrapped up in my own self-pity to realise. Steaming, angry tears flooded my face. I was the selfish one, not him.

I got up and sprinted back to the Mindpalace. I wasn't an athlete but I was fuelled by my desperation to apologise to Roman. I didn't stop until I was in front of a white door. I knocked ferociously and sucked in oxygen.

A disheveled Roman opened the door. I could see the tear tracks on his face, moving my hand to clear them away I stood up. But he flinched away.
"What do you want Logan." Broken, he looked and sounded broken.
"I know that saying sorry won't fix this but I was so wrong. I was the selfish one. I'm so sorry!" He looked at me.
"You targeted one of my insecurities." He was broken. "I'll save you from babysitting Logan." He closed his door in my face.

It was me. I had broken him. I ruined the one person that cared about me. I had ignored him.

And I destroyed everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This one went a lot better than my last Logince fic, in my opinion, and I hope you agree.

If there are any mistakes, or you have feedback, then please let me know because I really want to improve and the comments would be much appreciated.

Take care of yourselves.

-SiD