Stop (Demus)

Remus won't stick to the personality we have seen canonically because of the story I'm trying to follow. I am really bad at making Remus act the same as he does in the videos so sorry about that.

Oh, this is in the mind so they are sides and is set before selfishness vs selflessness part 2.

T.W: Gaslighting, unsympathetic Janus
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Janus walked through the door. It was his idea to go and see Virgil, something Remus didn't agree with. He knew that his view wouldn't change the other trait's mind, so it was his idea to pretend to be Patton. As Janus came through the door, neither character was happy

"Stop lying to my brother." Janus eyes were like bullets as they sped to him.
"Remus-"
"No. Seriously, stop."
"It's what I do Remus. It just happens and I can't control it."
"I know it's difficult but can you try." Remus didn't sound pleading, more hopeful.
"Maybe. Why do you care? His ego can take it and so can he." Janus was loosing his patience.
"He may seem fine, but he'll realise you're lying and then he'll feel insecure."
"He hasn't ever done anything for you!" Remus took a deep breath.
"I know. But he is my brother. He shouldn't be hurt."
"But why waste your energy on-"
"Janus!"
"Ok, I'll try."
"Thank you."

Later, the two would sit around a table. It was wobbly and dented. They ate out of chipped bowls, an uncomfortable silence smothering them, as they tried to ignore the third chair pushed up against the wall. The owner of that chair now had a new chair, one that didn't smell of spoilt milk or have cobwebs underneath. The two missed the owner of that chair, but at least they had each other.

"Janus?" Remus asked few weeks later.
"It's not been a good day Remus." He came in defeated, hat in hand and bow tie undone.
"But it's important-"
"Can we please talk about this later."
"You haven't even heard what I have to say yet!" Remus was certainly not as calm as he had been last time.
"Alright! What's so important that it can't wait five minutes?"
"I don't want you to flirt with my brother."
"What? Oh come on! You know that I'm lying! I  shouldn't have to tell you this! This could've waited."
"No! It couldn't, because it's important to me that you stop!"
"But I don't mean any of it!"
"So? I need you to stop!"
"You really shouldn't get so upset about it! It doesn't matter to me, and it shouldn't matter to you."
"Janus-"
"Whatever, I'll try not to."
"That's all I need."

Janus was in a bad mood for a while. A long while. Remus tended to stay out of his way. When Janus had managed to deal with himself, he apologised to Remus. It seemed that these days, Janus did a lot of apologising.

"You're watching them." Remus sung, seeing his lover hunched over a desk with a screen in front of him.
"Well obviously." Immediately Remus droped his joking tone.
"I thought we were done with the impersonation stuff. You always say-"
"I know what I say!" Janus snapped.
"Then why are you doing it?" Remus tried you sound gentle, but gentle had never been his strong suit.
"It's important."
"Ok?"
"We need to get Virgil's hoodie."
"Why?"
"It doesn't matter.
"You were acting like him in the courtroom... Janus you can't think-"
"I said, it doesn't matter. It will work out for us in the end,  just let me do what I need to do."

Remus visited the group not long before the wedding. Making Thomas aware of his presence had its downsides, but he finally got to see his brother and his best friend. Even if they were unsettled, they were still there in the flesh. Janus probably wanted to see an outcome that worked in his favour, but just seeing them was enough for Remus.

"You're quiet today Remus. What happened? Remus? Remus!"
"Why did you say that?" Janus took a step back.
"What are you talking about?"
"Why did you say that?" The blank stare made the trait in yellow retreat further.
"Say what? 'Mus, look at me."
"You never call me 'Mus." The coldness scared Janus.
"I don't understand what you're saying..."
"Do you think I'm evil?"
"Of course not!"
"Then why did you say it?"
"The stuff I say in the video doesn't matter."
"It does to me."
"I was just trying to annoy Roman. It wasn't true, you shouldn't get so upset about it." His words came out rushed.
"It wasn't a joke!"
"Remus, calm down!"
"Why did you say it if you don't believe it?"
"Stop it!"
"Why Am I The Evil One?!"
"Remus, that's enough!"
"Enough? Enough Of What? Your Scheming, Your Manipulation, Your Lies? Is This The End Of You Breaking Promises? I've Had Enough! WE ARE DONE!"
"You need me Remus!"
"I hope not."
"Remus! Remus!"
"Have fun with Patton."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ummmmmm
I don't know really what this is but I'm kinda happy with it. Sorry it's a little short but I'm having a lack of motivation at the moment. Hopefully I'll get out of my mental funk soon.

Thank you so much for 4k reads. That's incredible to me and I really appreciate it.
I hope you are all doing well, take care of yourselves.

-SiD