Jealous (Roceit)

My first Roceit oneshot. The characters are acting in the videos, this will become clear in the oneshot, so Roman and Janus  actually don't hate each other.

I know the partner being jealous trope is kind of a cliché but I really like Jealous Roman. This is angst with a happy ending.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"What was that all about?" I huffed as my boyfriend came into my room.
"What do you mean, my prince?"
"What do I mean? You know what I mean? You were in the living room for ages!" I didn't look at him. He stayed by the door, that he had now closed behind him.
"Well I was talking with the others." I was getting more frustrated and his calm attitude didn't cool me down.

"Don't act like I didn't see you and Patton in that video. And then you suddenly want to spend loads of time with him right afterwards."
"Roman, you helped write the script."
"But the way you acted."
"The way I acted? That's my job. To act as that character."
"I wrote the part, yes, but you stood so close to Patton. The looks you gave him. Now you're all buddy buddy."
"We've got to know each other better-Look, I don't see the problem here."

Janus left his place at the door and started to pick up his mess on the floor and put it in its place, trying to distract himself. I could see how his body was tense, his jaw set.
"The problem is that you don't treat me like that."
"What?" Throwing a questioning look over his shoulder at me.
"Why don't you just go and get with Patton then. You obviously would much rather be with him." I barely gave him time to respond before raising my voice again. "Got anything to say for yourself?"

Janus straightened his back and turned to me, painfully slowly.
"I don't treat you like Patton because Patton isn't my boyfriend. Think about what you are saying, just for a moment, if you can. I treat you differently because you are special." He didn't shout but spoke like he was demanding attention, however I couldn't back down now, my pride and stubbornness would never let me.
"Think about how it makes me feel though! How can I trust you?"

Snap.
The calm was gone.

"How can you trust me?! I have never lied to you before, but of course! It's all about you! How you feel! For once think about me! How do you think I felt about you flirting with Virgil?! It sucked because you wrote that! You controlled that!"
"It's not the same!" Now this was a screaming match.
"How?! How is it different?!"
"Because you are the best thing that ever happened to me and if I loose you then I will have nothing! Nothing!"
"You're the prince! Everyone loves you! People hate me! People only view me as a liar!"
"Nobody listens to me!"
"You think they listen to me?!"

I couldn't think of anything to say after that. My fire had now got caught up in my throat, choking me. There was pain in Janus' eyes. Pain that I had only seen in my own when in my darkest moments. To see that look on the face of someone that I cared about. It killed me so much more than any jealousy I was previously feeling.

Yes, in the seconds that I had seen that pain, I had seen my stupidity. Like usual though, I didn't think before I spoke. If I had seen my jealousy as just that, then I wouldn't even be in this position right now.

I flopped down onto the bed and looked dejectedly at the floor. After a little while Janus sat next to me, not very close but I felt a dip in the mattress.
"What are we doing Roman? Why are we shouting?"
"I wish I knew Janus. I'm just so scared. I'm supposed to be brave, I'm supposed to be the hero." My boyfriend shuffled closer.
"Even the hero's are scared sometimes. Bravery is what you do because of that fear. The important thing is why you are scared."

"You are so amazing. I am terrified that you will realise that literally everyone out there is so much better than I am. I'm scared that you will leave me. And I don't want you to leave me." Arms circled my waist. I didn't realise that there was a leak in my ceiling, that was the only explanation for the wetness on my face.

"Roman, I wish you could see how incredible you are. I wish you could see how happy you make me. I'm not going to leave you."
"You can't promise that."
"Yes I can, and I just did." A kiss was planted on my cheek and I couldn't keep down the small smile that started to creep it's way up my face.

I didn't know it was possible that any man, this man, could change my emotions in seconds. Bringing joy and light to my world. This man was the love of my life. This man was my life.

I was not going to loose this man because of jealousy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed this, I'm pretty happy with it. I probably have plenty of things to work on, so please give feedback if you want. If you have a request I would love to do it so message me or comment it.

Take care of yourselves.

-SiD