My Name Is Virgil (Dukexiety)

I really hope you people enjoy this because I'm really happy with it. In this Virgil is FTM trans and, at the start, is referred to as Veronica (his deadname). I wanted to do a specific thing so this may be inaccurate. If it is please let me know because I would love to learn so I can be a better ally. Thank you

TW: Misgendering and dead-naming at the start (as I previously mentioned), swearing, Remus (obviously), injury detail (nobody is hurt).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'All teenagers scare the livin' shit out of me' screamed from my phone. I laughed and picked up. I screamed into the receiver because it's funny when Veronica jumps so much that you can hear it through the phone. You would've thought she would learn by now.

"Muspleasetellmeyou'refree."
"Woah, calm down. Yeah, I'm free. Why? Are we going on a date?" I joked trying to get rid of the stress in her voice.
"No, but I do need to meet you by your car."
"Ok. I'll see you in a second."
"Thank you." Then she hung up seemingly a little calmer than before.

"Well aren't you eager Ronnie." She was anxiously standing by my car and got in the moment I unlocked the door. "So who's body are we burying."
"Just drive to the local hospital." I started to pull out of the university parking lot.
"Wait-shit!"
"Eyes on the road!"
"I was joking about the whole being dead thing."
"No ones dead."
"Ronnie? Stop messing about, why are we going to the doctors office?" She was silent, staring through the window, torturing her lip.
"I-I, my doctor said that I needed a guardian to accompany me for my first time."
"I know I don't make sense often, but what are you talking about?"
"Remus you can't tell anyone, ok? And if you hate me you never have to talk to me again, but please just let me get it first."
"I couldn't-"
"Eyes on the road!"
"I could never hate you, Veronica."
"My names not Veronica!"

I was quiet. I was contemplating. My original idea was that it was going to be an abortion but that would be a stupid thing because Ver- She- My companion is definitely still a virgin. Fuck, now is not the time brain. I blinked at them. We weren't far from the clinic now.
"What is your name and why are we going to the hospital?" It wasn't often I was serious but I knew that it was what they wanted. No it's what they needed right now.
"My-my- My name is Virgil," They said quickly then muttered to themselves something about bandaids. "Remus, we're-we're getting testosterone. I'm a boy."

Looking back it was probably obvious to anyone looking for it. Nobody was looking for it though. I really wasn't angry, just a little frustrated because now I would have to revisit my sexuality. I finally settled on straight, but now that Virgil was Virgil, was I bisexual? Something else? Nevermind, he depended on me right now, I could figure myself out later.

When we got out of the car I ran around and hugged the boy.
"Thank you for trusting me, Virgil. Let's get you some testosterone then how about we put your hair in a guillotine." Finally the beautiful smile resurfaced. I would donate my ears to someone deaf so that they could hear the giggles coming from him right now, however, then I wouldn't be able to hear it so maybe I wouldn't.

~<•>~

We were all sitting at our lunch table, waiting for Virgil. It was only 2 days after he came out to me and none of the others knew. He took different classes to us so no one would have seen him either.

How did Virgil join the group? Well...

Roman, my brother, had been on one of his long stupid rants about how amazing Disney was when Virgil, back then Veronica, had made a snide comment about darker tones as he passed. This created a full-scale debate between the two. Everyone was laughing and I was in awe of the similar dark ideas we shared. Vee was quickly integrated into the group but was much closer to Logan.