🌹Chapter 3🌹

You may proceed...

Kayla's POV
How dare he say that I'm unfit for the job? How dare he call me annoying? Uuhhh... What kind of man is that, thinking I'll beg him, in his wildest dreams. I will never beg him or anyone for a job, I may be poor but I know my worth. l was distracted from my thoughts as the receptionist called my name.

"Hey, Kayla right?" she asked.

"Yes, Miss..."I trailed as I looked at her ID card"...Diane, how may I help you?"

"Umm...I just wanted to ask how the interview went..".

"I don't think I got the job, Mr. Hawkins was mad at me for what happened this morning"I replied and she asked about what happened and I told her what transpired between us and she felt sorry for me.

"Well I've got to go now, my brother will soon be back from school," I said and left the building and went to get my car and drove out. Today was so not what I expected.

After I left the building I went home to tidy the house and prepare lunch for when Evans comes home from school and I realized that there aren't many supplies left so I make use of the little we have and make pasta I am not a huge fan of cooking because of the lack of time but I make very good dishes if I do say so myself. After preparing the food I pack it in a bento for Evans and I grab my purse and the house keys. I lock up the front door and tuck the key into my purse as I proceed to a supermarket nearby to buy some groceries, I reach there after few minutes of walking and I picked out some of the stuff we needed at home and head to the counter to pay the cashier lady there. After paying her my phone starts ringing and I check it to see Noah's name flashing on the phone I pick up the phone only to hear Noah's enthusiastic voice booming from my years' old phone"Hey Kaybear how ya doing"I laugh at the nickname he gave me. I always hated it and told him to stop but he refused and the name kinda stuck.

"Hey Noah I'm fine, what are you up to now you've called me"I reply knowing Noah calls only when there is an emergency and he needs my help, he usually just texts me. Noah has been my best friend alongside Lilly, there were there for me when I needed them and was looking for a job and a place for me and Evan to stay and Noah found me, and he and Lilly who was his next-door neighbor in the same apartment I'm leaving in now let me say in their place for some time before I was able to get a job at a coffee shop, they helped me tutor Evan, as Lilly is a teacher when I didn't have enough money to pay his school fees and they were the ones who persuaded me to take up this job offer at the Hawkins Corp.

"Kay what do you mean" he whines through the phone and I giggle at his childish act.

"Noah what do you want I don't have all day to spend with you, "I ask and he replies quickly"Umm...can I come to spend the night at your place for a while," he asks quickly.

"Why don't you have your place"."...Umm, I've got a girl on my tail she is one of my nightstands and she has been on my tail for some time and I'm tired so can I come to stay with you, I promise to leave after some time...pretty please..."Kyle is infamous for his womanizing skills, he gets a girl today he dumps her the next, this behavior of his has constantly annoyed Lilly and me.