🌹Chapter 21🌹

Liam's POV
Turning I squint my eyes trying to get rid of the blinding light icing from the Windows. Standing I head to the bathroom performing my morning routine before driving all the way yo the hospital to see how my mom was faring.

When I left her yesterday night or actually early hours of this morning to come have a good sleep on a good bed, she was doing well and according to the doctor if she kept it up she could be discharged earlier.

On arriving the hospital I head straight to her designated room bit I could not find her there. I rushed in to check the bathroom but she wasn't there either. Alarmed I rush towards the doctors office but unfortunately he wasn't there and I was told by a nurse that he was attending to a critical condition and that he could not leave at the moment.

Inquiring from the nurse the reason why my mum wasn't in the room where she was supposed to be. I was told that my mom had another attack which led to her being admitted to the intensive care unit for treatment.

Pacing around I try to warps my head around the fact that my mum's life is once again hanging a loose thread. Groaning I tug at my hair causing pain to myself. I felt terrible and nauseous and dizzy sitting on the chair beside the doctor's office I wait for him hoping he is not engaged for too long as I could not wait to see the state my mum is in.

Luckily after ten agonizing and long minutes he is finally done and I wasted no time in approaching him and bombarding him with questions concerning my mother. Smiling sadly at me I knew there was bad news and I also knew I was not ready to hear it but I had to so giving him a nod I go with him into his office.

On getting in I sit on the chair facing he deal while he sits in the one across the table. He starts by expressing his sympathy but right now I was not ready for any pity party I just wanted to know how my mum was faring.

"Sir we honestly thought she was doing well but it seems her attacks are triggered by something from her past and this last one thoroughly drained her that we had to hook her up to a machine which would help her condition. She is not in a coma but she is unconscious and I have no idea when she will be able to wake up but I assure you me and my team are doing our absolute best to make sure she recovers completely" he said looking at me pitifully.

I felt devastated at that news but I knew I had to man up,crying or breaking down right now will not provide any solution so I beared the intense pain that took over my body and threatened to destroy me and I nodded at the doctor silently asking him to take me to the room where he put my mum and he nodded before leading the way.

When we got there I could not beat it my heart felt like it was being shredded and torn into pieces. My mum looked like a frail shadow of her former self she looked so battered and out of life. Moving to her side I grabbed her hand which felt a little cold to touch. It was hard to believe that my always cheerful and bubbly mum was the one laying in the hospital bed looking so lifeless.

I could not handle it any more do I stormed out and I went to the only place where I could seek comfort at this point in time. Kyle's place. He was the only family I had all my real relatives are either dead or I have never heard of them.

Hopping into the car I drove at a speed that was fast beyond the required speed limit arriving at his house in record time. I rushed out seriously hoping that he was at home since I failed to notify him that I was coming over but nonetheless I knocked and fortunately he opened the door for me.

Entering into the house I go straight to the bar and headed to the heavy liquor section grabbing a bottle without a cup and settled on the chair already chucking the drink down my throat. Looking up at him I see him looking down at me worry apparent in his features.

He sat down and waited for me to talk as he knew I was not one who drank so for me yo be holding a drink in my hand he knew something had to be wrong and so I told him. I watched as his face turned from worry for me to shock at the news then to sorrow over the news.

He soon joined me in downing the drink and I couldn't help but reminisce about the last few days I spent with her,how we would talk and enjoy each other's company and how she would continuously pester me to settle down. It was funny to think that whenever she started talking about that particular topic I would always wish for he to get off my back but now I wish more than anything for her to be able to say those words to me.

And immediately I knew what to do in respect of my mum's last wish so I picked up my phone and dialed a number I never thought I was would

Kayla....

A/N
So yeah I know I promised to be updating frequently and I one again broke that promise but I had a just cause I was writing exams and now that we are almost done(I'm writing my last paper tomorrow), I'll try to be posting new chapters often was I plan on finishing this book this year.
So how was it?
Now you know who it was that called Kayla.
Please vote and comment as it does not fail to put a smile on my face
And also fan please.
Thanks in advance
Ciao. Peckie :-)