🌹Chapter 5🌹

Kayla's P.O.V
The day was spent attending to his emails, sorting them into important, unimportant, or trash, making his coffee and thankfully not spilling any on him or myself, arranging his schedule and files, in short, I was exhausted, my body wasn't used to such strenuous activities of going to one floor or another to drop or get a file faxed. I was very tired and it was barely my closing hour yet. I grabbed the files which needed his signature and headed to his office which was next to mine but way bigger, reaching there I took a deep breath and knocked on the door awaiting a response which didn't come. I knocked again waiting for his reply and getting none I decided to open the door and check for him.

On opening the door I saw no one in the office so I decided to look around for where he could be, not seeing anyone around I proceeded to drop the file on his desk and come back later for it but I was distracted by a picture frame on the desk, it was of a beautiful woman most likely in her early fifties and she had a slight resemblance with Mr. Hawkins. It's most likely his mother as she has the same amazing bright pair of blue eyes.

"What are you doing here" I was startled and I mistakenly dropped the picture frame making it fall to the ground shattering into a million tiny pieces. On turning around I was met with a raging Mr. Hawkins, scowling down at me, if looks could kill I'd be dead long since from all the glares Mr. Hawkins has been giving me.

"Umm...Good aft-afternoon Sir, I umm came to dr-rop the files that needed your atte-ention on your desk b-bec-cause y-you were not an s-seat when I c-came in,a-and I was dis-s-distracted b-by the frame and ye you sc-cared me and I d-didn't me mean to break it,  I'm so sorry sir" I say while bending to pick up the broken pieces of glass and thereby cutting myself with one of the shards of glass. Owww...my finger

"Get out of my office before I do something you'll hate.  GET OUT!!" he yells at me causing me to flinch back startled at his tone

"I'm so sorry sir I mean to break the frame"I apologized again feeling guilty for breaking his stuff"

"GET OUT OF MY OFFICE. NOW!!" he bellowed at me and I scurried out of his office intimidated and scared at the tone he used on me.

Reaching my office I grab a tissue from the drawer to clean my cut from the broken glass and I check the clock situated on the wall and I see I've got just ten minutes till it's lunchtime soo I gather my belongings and head downstairs to wait for Diane as I don't have anything to do now having finished my job.

I take the elevator to Diane's office, to see her packing her bags in preparedness for the lunch."Hey Diane, hope are you"I call out to show my presence.

"Hey, girl how was today?" she asked,  I would have never known that Diane had a very bubbly attitude she seemed so quiet.

"Fine, but I got the boss so mad that I'm sure he is planning on how to kill me," I say and she gasps."What did I tell you about getting him mad," she asks

"Well it's not my fault..." so I tell her how it all happened and she just shakes her head at me.

"C'mon let's go grab our lunch before it over,"  she says and I follow her to the cafeteria where we order some lunch and get to know more about each other.

A few hours later I'm done with the work for the day and I close the laptop and grab my bag and head out,  taking the elevator I see Diane has already gone as our closing time differs. I step out to the cool air and head to my car to drive home,  I'm sure Evans is already back from school as Noah picks him up every time I'm unable to. I'm already late and I don't have the strength to prepare something for the boys and me so I pass by McDonald's and pick some takeout for me, Noah and Evans. As I reach home the sound of the television is apparent,  taking off my shoes I call out the boys from the kitchen and give them their food,  I grab mine and hurriedly eating it I'm done in ten minutes and I head to my room, shedding the clothes I climb onto my bed as sleep takes over.

A/N
Please vote and comment
How did you like this chapter? okay or not
Also, thanks so much for the 100+ reads and 50+ votes, I appreciate them a lot