🌹Chapter 20🌹

Kayla's POV
I can't believe him right now. How dare him tell me to leave. He may not have said it audibly but his actions clearly spoke louder. I can't even phantom why he dislikes me so much, I haven't even done anything outrageously wrong to him so why does my existence bother him so.

Huffing I once again flail my hands in the air trying to get a cab at this ungodly hour of the night. Sighing again at my failed attempt at getting a taxi.

I tried ordering an uber too but no one could come as a result of the brewing storm. Shivering I watch as yet another car passes me by. I might as well as go back inside but my fear for his wrath makes me put out my arm flailing once more and luckily this time the car pulled over. Not wasting anytime I enter into the car shivering again due to the biting wind.

Telling him my address he wastes no time in driving probably hoping to get home before the rain starts. Getting a bit comfortable I pull out my phone to see it already turned off probably due to low battery. Laying my head on the window I reminisce over today. Starting from me getting to work late and poor Mrs Hawkins getting hospitalized. It must be very painful for Liam right now, he has no shoulder to cry on seeing as his father may be dead or so because ever since I started working for him two months ago I haven't heard or seen any older Mr Hawkins.

I thoroughly felt bad for him, I remember when my parents died it was so hard to deal with it alone but thankfully I met Lilly and Noah who stood by me. Speaking of them they must be pretty worried about me. Sighing I rest against the window going in for a quick nap.

"Ma'am we are here, please pay me so I can go home quickly" I heard the cab man say while shaking me.

Mumbling sleepily I thank him and pay him. Stumbling towards my door I open the door to see an anxious looking Lilly and an already sleeping Evan.

Standing rather quickly she hurries over to me pulling me into a tight hug looking over her shoulder I see a very  sleepy looking Noah coming behind her.

"Where have you been"she asked worry apparent in her voice.

Chuckling I shake my head at her worrisome attitude. We may be of the same age but she acts like the mother of the group always worried about us and that's one of the reasons I loved her.

Pulling out of her embrace I quickly narrate all that transpired today. Starting from my late entry to work and him sending me out of his mother's room.

When I was done all I wanted was to hop into my bed and sleep and that's exactly what I did after telling them both a good night knowing that Lilly will put Evan to bed for me.

Getting to my room I shed myself of my work clothing, pulling a tank top over my head and some sleep shorts I was ready to sleep and sleep I did.

Morning...
Groaning I shut off the alarm furiously not caring if it got damaged. I was annoyed due to the fact that it was barely two hours ago I put my head on my pillow or so it felt like and now I had to go to work and face Mr Grumpy.

Huffing I sleepily walk over to where I presumed was the bathroom and quickly had my bath. Coming out I go over to the bed to put on my clothes before I heard my phone beep, a sign of a notification.

Grunting I grab the phone to see it's an email from the office dismissing me for today as Mr Hawkins could not make it to work so I had no reason to come to work today. Sighing I return the cloth I already put out and instead grabbed a sweatpants and a comfortable tank top, going over to Evan's room to see him still sleeping.

Smiling I walk over shaking him awake and taking him to the bathroom so he could have his bath before setting up breakfast for him and taking him over to Lilly's place so she could help me drop him off at school seeing as she had to pass through his school to get to work.

Going back inside I find my way back to my room plopping myself on the bed and going in for a round two of the much needed sleep.

Few hours later...
Turning over once again I try to evade the blinding sunlight but I just ended up on the floor. Scowling I get up throwing a glare towards the window mentally kicking myself for not closing the blinds yesterday night.

I might as well get up now seeing as this small episode has robbed me of my sleep and I couldn't afford to spend the whole day in bed.  Sending a quick glance over to the clock beside me I see it's well past noon.

Grunting I decided to go to the kitchen to grab a bite before doing anything else. Checking the pantry I see some fruit loops and I grab a bowl and spoon pouring in some of the tasty cereal and adding milk before heading to the couch turning on the T.V, scanning for a good channel I later settle for one.

Munching on the delightful cereal my mind couldn't help but wonder about Liam and his mother, though I don't know exactly what happened to her I knew it was something really bad to make such an active and agile woman look so frail and feeble.

My heart shattered to see her like that, I may not get along with her son but that didn't stop me from admiring her for raising a man like Liam, she was an angel who didn't fail to help those in need. My thoughts were disrupted by my phone ringing looking over at it the name flashing in front made my blood turn cold...

A/N
Hey guys I did it. I finished another chapter and I hope you guys will like it enough to leave a vote and a comment too. Please do so don't be a silent reader as each vote makes me want to write more.
Who do you think it was that called Kayla?
Please vote and comment and share and maybe fan too.
Thanks  in advance
Ciao. Peckie