🌹Chapter 18🌹

Kayla's POV
I am so late due to no one else but me but if you ask me it's not my fault that in hopes of getting a good sleep I put off my phone and turned off my alarm but unfortunately this resulted me in having to rush off to work,miss breakfast and having to stand here face downwards being reprimanded and cautioned by Mr Liam.

In my defence I didn't know that there would be an emergency meeting,shaking my head I look up to see Mr Liam,face set in a glare looking at his phone, at this moment I feel bad for the phone due to the intensity of the stare on it. Still looking at him I notice his expressions changing from that of annoyance and frustration to that of shock and fear.My guess is that Kyle noticed his expressions because he rushed towards him,still looking at them I notice that they converse for a while before the both sprinted out of the room leaving me and the rest of the staffs shocked.

Taking away my gaze from the door I look around only to see people huddled in groups obviously gossiping and trying to piece it together as to why their boss stormed out of a meeting not only leaving the investors alone but also not dismissing us.Deciding to get to the bottom of things seeing as I'm his PA, I hurriedly grab my purse which was on the table in front of me before hightailing it out of there in hopes of catching them.Luckily for me there are still here but are about to enter into his car.Raising my voice I yell for them to wait for me,running as fast as I can I reach there before Mr Liam could shut the door and drive away.

"Sir you left the investors alone in there without giving us any instructions on where they will be lodging,so I thought to ask you before you left."I said whilst looking at him.

"Do anything you want to do I have to go somewhere right now"he said before entering his car and driving out leaving a stunned me and an agitated Kyle.

"Look Kayla I really don't know what to tell you to do as I'm not tin the right frame of mind,but if you know anything good enough to do please do so"he said and I immediately frowned."Did anything bad happen, is that why you and Mr Liam are in a hurry ?"I asked hoping he answers me.

"Yes something did happen but its not in my place to tell you,look I have to go to the hospital okay?Take care of things while we are gone"he said before making a move to enter his car,putting a hand out I block him asking"Is anyone hurt?"

"Yes Kayla yes,Denise is sick and she just fainted I have to be there right now"he said and I gasped before asking if I could come as I want to know if anything bad is going to happen to Mrs Denise.

Nodding his head I enter the car waiting for him to start the car.In about twenty minutes we arriver at the hospital,entering we inquire the ward of Denise. After getting it we head there only to see Liam pacing the floor going back and fro on seeing Kyle he heads over hugging him but on seeing him he pulls away looking towards Kyle accusingly.

"Why did you bring her here"he asks obviously mad."Look man she was asking me various questions and in haste to come over I told Ber to come with me moreover I do not see anything wrong with her coming with me.That aside how is she doing now,has the doctor said anything?" I heard him say leaning over discreetly to hear what be says about her health.

"Nothing man,he hasn't even been out of their since I came"he said visibly scared,I don't blame him if it was me in his position I'd be worse.Frowning I thought she was responding to treatment recently then how come she is now in a critical condition.

After an hour of waiting the door opens and we hurriedly get on our feet hoping that the words of the doctor will be anything but bad.

"Who is her family member here?"he asks and Liam responds and he continues"She was told to refrain from eating certain things so as to not worsen her case bit she ate some of those things which resulted in her being where she is now but apart from that she is okay,give her a week so I can monitor her some more and she will be good to go,you can go inside and see her now"he said before walking away presumably to attend to other patient.

Shaking my head I follow them into the room to see her and the state in which I saw her was not good...

A/N
I have to stop there now. How was it?Please don't hesitate to tell me your thoughts and also vote and share.It would mean a lot.Thanks in advance.
Ciao.Peckie✌💖