🌹Chapter 17🌹

Liam's POV
There is something awfully annoying when you are being woken up by a phone call,an irrelevant one at that.That's exactly what happened to me,I was drawn out of sleep by my phone ringing picking it up I realized it was from the office,there was supposedly an emergency,an investor from another country just showed up and I had to go see him. The meeting was supposed to be next week but he got here earlier and now I had to go take care of that putting aside important plans I made to spend the day with mum.

Already dressed and prepared I get into my car after kissing mum bye and sending a quick text to Kayla,since I've been calling her but it has been going straight to voice mail.Driving out of the garage I head towards the direction of the office reaching there in about fifteen minutes,hoping out of the car I enter into the building going straight towards the conference room where the important meeting with the investor is taking place,hopefully my board of directors and necessary staffs are already there.

Opening the door I do a head count noting that two people are currently not on seat going over to my chair I lean towards Kyle's seat which was beside me enquiring about the two remaining staffs and he said it was remaining Kayla and Mike. Frowning I grab my phone from my suit pocket dialling Kayla's number praying to the gods she picks up her phone.After calling for about five times and it going straight to voice mail I was already tired.

"She didn't pick up, did she?"Shaking my head in reply to his question I look around to see that everyone was here except her even Mike was already here. Checking the time I see it's about ten minutes before the investor is here so I start prepping myself but not before putting my phone on silent.

Ten minutes later the investors from Milan arrived and the meeting began but twenty minutes into the meeting with all of us discussing heavily that was when Kayla decided to come inside disrupting the meeting.

Mumbling a meek sorry she made her way to her assigned seat a deep red blush already seated on her cheeks.Removing my gaze from her I focus back on the meeting which went on with both sides throwing out different ideas on how to make this work.The meeting finished in about an hour with us having sealed the deal and me having to travel to Milan in three weeks to meet the staffs over there.

Once the last bits of paper was signed I went over to Kayla to reprimand her for coming late to an important meeting once again. Seeing her I move over only to see her talking and smiling with Kyle and this made me angry for some reason unknown to me.Stomping over there I grab her and drag her towards me before telling her that I wanted to talk in which she nodded and Kyle smiled before moving away.

Facing her I glare at her making her cower at my gaze."Miss Kayla it came to my notice that despite the phone calls and messages sent to you,you still took your sweet time in coming over. What example are you trying to lay down for the junior employees and the interns that it is okay to come to a meeting and to work in general late? That is not the type of attitude I want in this office so it's either you buckle the hell up or you say good bye to your job,do I make my self clear?"I say to her trying to put her straight, nodding her head at my words.I frown saying ,"Miss Kayla use your words"and she says yes she understands nodding my head at her I walk away from her bringing out my phone from my pocket,frowning I see that I have about eight missed calls and five messages all from mum's body guard and staff.

Calling him back I wait for him to pick up the call which he does after about two rings and the words the says next shatters my being making me relive the worst day of my life over again...

A/N
This is like a very crappy chapter and its very short,i will make lots of changes to it soon.Sorry for the long wait,I have been sick for a while and when I recovered I just didn't have the ability to write but now I'm better.
Please vote🌟and comment💬,it would truly make me happy
Ciao.Peckie✌💖