The Way Pete sees it all

RECAP: I ran up the seemingly endless stairs to my room and changed into PJ's

--------PETE'S POV- THE PARTY NIGHT--------

Haley just left for the party and I'm incredibly nervous for her. I started texting Ashley to try and take my mind off of what could happen to her, what if shes peer pressured into something? What if Christofer abandons her? Will Jordan take car of her? I know I sound lie an over protective father, but I'm just a caring best friend. I've known Haley for almost 5 years, and in that time... we became extremely close. She told me about her family and brother who ran away, told me basically everything. I knew then and there that we would become best friends. I'll admit I liked her a little at first, as in like liked; even though it was/still is wrong. I've gotten over my feelings, but I don't like one-night stands anymore, and I really like Ashley. I have this strong feeling that she's different, and in a good way. She's an aspiring singer, which can be hard in a state like Cali, but she actually has the talent and inspiration most others don't. That's one of the things I like about her. However, I liked the fact that Haley was stubborn, but I knew it wouldn't happen and she's only been in one relationship before so I'm happy for them. But if he hurts her, I swear I'll rip his balls off and feed them to Hemmingway, my boxer dog.  Most of all, at this party I hope that nobody hurts Halet, and that she makes some friends around her own age group. I started to think about how great Haley was, and unwanted feelings came back; so I cracked open the vodka in my secret pantry. I got buzzed within the first few gulps, and then totally smashed. At some point, the door bell rang and I opened it to reveal someone familiar, but I didn't know how at the time. He asked for Haley and I gave him the address of the party she was at since he seemed determined to talk to Halez.  I woke up the next morning to see the guy that I think rang the doorbell when I was smashed last night. "I don't think we've met properly, I'm Pete. Sorry if I was rude to you yesterday, was trying to forget some stuff..." I said. "I'm Stephen Jerzak, Haley's long lost brother I've been described as. Nice to meet you." He responded to my questioning glance.   "Cool, did you know it was on her bucket list to hang out with you?" I asked him. He looked shocked "Really? That's interesting.... We always used to sing together when we were little, but she probably doesn't remember..." Stephen said, laughing a little. 

My head started pounding, and I heard something fall down the stairs. I opened my eyes to see Haley groaning, and I started groaning with her since my head hurt so much. "Stephen... Wanna help me our here??" Haley asked still half-groaning. He jumped up and yelled "Coming, sister-dearest! Super-hero Stephen is here to save youu!" In a really loud and deep voice.  "So how was the party, Halez?" I asked once my head stopped hurting so badly. "It was great! I met alot of people and did like 4 things off the list!" She exclaimed.

-----HALEY'S POV-------

I heard my ringtone of my phone playing Downtown by Stereo Skyline, so it's probably Kevin. I walked back upstairs to find that I got 2 new texts

Kev Bard: Hey, wanna get ice cream or something today?

Jordan<3: Hey babe, did you have fun last night? I don't remember it much.

I texted Kevin while I was walking downstairs(not safe considering I just fell down them), saying: Suure! What time? I went up to Pete and said "Petiee can I go to get ice cream with someone today?" He nodded and Stephen said, "Who are you getting ice cream with?" I whispered to him, just to make Pete paranoid" Kevin Bard, wanna come with?" He nodded and pulled out his phone, probably to text him... I decided to text Jor-Jor back: "Hey hun, it was fun. I met alot of musicians and you picked me up & spun me around til you fell over. :) How do you feel?" I heard Stephen knocking on my door, "Get ready... He's on his way now."

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME, STEHEN??" I asked. I still had to straighten my hair, tease it, and get dressed. Kevin lives only 15 minutes away. I grabbed my Ready Set shirt since it was clean, and I don't even know if Ill see Jordan today.  I threw on some darker skinny jeans and mint green converse, I have about 50 different colors of converse so it took awhile to find the shoes. I threw a big purple bow in the bangs section of my hair.  I heard a honk outside and Stephen yelling. I grabbed my phone, ipod and a pack of gum and ran outside.  Anyways, we hopped in Kevin's car and went to ainbow Ice Cream Parlor (A/N: Made up...  I think?)  I ordered a sherbert with sprinkles Kevin got moose tracks and Stephen got double Chocolatey Chip.  We started eating while Kevin & Stephen told me hilarious tour stories from years past. I got a twitter update from Jordan on my phone, Twitter: @@thereadyset: Got the girl I've loved for quite awhile, about to ask her out for tonight! I then got a normal text, Jordan: Wanna go to dinner tonight, and maybe to a club? I replied, Yeah sure, but what time? I'm kind of busy right now. Jordan: What are you doing? And how about like 6:30? I looked at Stephen & Kevin only to see them in a very deep conversation. So, I decided to text him back, I'm with my bro Stephen & Kevin Bard out for ice cream. I got another text, Jordan: Man, I missed Skyline at the party? I knew I should've stayed sober. I laughed and the guys seemed to notice me, and looked over my shuolder reading the text. "Tell him we miss him" Kevin laughed, "Okk...." I texted back: They miss you, and yes.. A bunch of bands/musicians were there. You have to meet my brother, by the way. I heard Stephen get up. "I'm going to go call mom and dad so they don't think I'm dead. You wanna talk to them?" I scoffed," No! I haven't talked the them in almost 3 years, just say I said hi." "By the way, my boyfriend wants to meet you."