chapter 18 :)

____SKYLER/SKYE'S POV_____

When Anthony got home from the studio to see me packing, he freaked out. He thought I was leaving him, so I told him to be quiet for a minute. "I'm going on vacation for like a week, to visit Haley in California. She's having health problems, and I'm leaving early tomorrow. Sorry for the late notice, but I decided this only about 2 days ago." Anthony was quiet for a little while, but sighed and finally said," Okay.... Make sure Haley's okay, thanks to her, I have you in my life... And have fun babe, I love you." Anthony kissed me on the cheek, and scolded me to go to bed in order to get up early the next day, so I slept.  

-----Next Day--------------

____ALEX'S POV_______

I got to LAX really early, at like a quarter til' eleven. I wwas holding my limo-driver hat and the sign I made last night.  I found Derek shortly after I sat down on a bench and pulled my hoodie up. Derek was wearing sunglasses and a hoodie in case anyone recognized us.   I called Derek's name as he was passing me, and he sat next to me. "So what's the plan, boss man?"  I smiled mischeviously, taking my sign & handing him the hat. "You put on the hat, and shades, pretending just to be a limo driver, while i hold this sign," I said; showing him the sign. He read it, "Skyler Eats Your Face? That her twitter name?" Derek asked me, laughing. "Yeah, I figure she's into zombies," I admitted sheepishly. "What if she means eating your face as in making out?" Derek asked me. "I'm going to draw a lips with xoxo in the corner, just incase." He said; pulling out a red and black sharpie. He's obsessed with sharpie's if you didn't get that. He drew ridiculous looking lips, when the intercom announced that the flight from Pennsylvania was landing, and that's where Skyler was from. "Let's put this plan into action, man." I said; dragging Derek over to the gate while waiting patiently for her to come out.Derek stood on my right, wearing the outfit I assigned him, while grinning goofily.   I stood next to him, holding the sign, my eyes scanning the passengers walking out of the tunnel that is the air plane.  A girl approached us after a few minutes, holding a few bags, while smiling to me. "Best friend? Oh my gosh, it's actually you!" Skyler said. She dropped her bags, and ran to hug me. I looked over her shouler, to see Derek picking up her abandoned bags, going along with the limo thing."Alex, my head hurts. This hat doesn't fit, can I give it up now?" Derek was asking me. I nodded, "Yeah, hey Skyler, look at your *air-quotes* 'limo driver.' She looked around finally noticing him. By now, his disguise was off. Derek Sanders, at your service." He said, extending a polite hand. "Ohh... My.... Goshhh! Your from Mayday Parade, right?" Se asked, hurrily shaking his hand. He nodded, while they got into an animated chat. "Hey Derek, we'll talk in a little while, if you're going where I am, which I don't know where that is... So; hi Alex!" She said. I laughed, "How about you guys come to my place & then our limo driver can take you to Haley's place??" They both nodded in agreement, and we wsent to find the car. Skyler rode with me, while Derek followed in his car. On the way to my place, I started singing to every song on the radio, blurting out the lyrics to Lady Gaga's 'Alejandro,' "That sounds really good... But maybe you should stick to singing your own songs, yeah?" Skyler asked me. A Far East Movement song came on next, aand I sang along. Next was Kelly Clarkson; I got all pitchy on purpose to annoy Skyler. 'My Life Would Suck Without You,' was over, and Skyler turned down the radio. "ALEX! I swear if you don't stop.... I'm gonna....." I cut her off there,"Gonna what, huh?" I asked Skyler, curious.  I earned a evil smirk-glare from Skyler, as she answered menacingly,"I'll eat your face.. How's that sound?" I gulped audibly, and my eyes widened considerably. I think she noticed, because she started laughing. "My name doesn't have to do with zombies, by the way..." She casually mentioned. "Does it have to do with making out? Because that's what Derek thought... Hence the lips & xo" I questioned.  "No, it was a name I randomly made up and I thought it sounded insanely cool.... so that's the story." Skyler told me, as we pulled up to my beach house for the summer. "This is your place??" She yelled at me, I nodded and climbed slowly out of the car. I was being slow, at least, that was until Skyler decided to pull me out of the car. "Hurry up slow-poke! I wanna see your house! It's amazing!" She laughed in between her sentences. We finally got in my house, and I told Skyler to feel at home and explore, while I called Jordan to find out where Haley was. 

M: Hey Jordan, do you happen to know where Haley is at the moment? I have a suprise for her.

J: Oh yeah, she's at her parent's house. I'll text you the address, if I remember right. It's only a block away from your place.

M: Ok thanks, man. Later.

"This place is the best! I wish I could live here!" I heard Skyler's voice echoing above me somewhere.  Derek was flipping through channels in my living room, yelling about a new Family Guy episode. I heard footsteps running downstairs, matching my footsteps running to the living room. "....When?? Tell.. Me.. Now?" I heard Skyler say in between panting. "Rewind to the commercial, dude." I told Derek. he nodded and pressed the button.  Ahh, gotta love TiVo. The commercial was amazing, and by the end of it, we were all rolling around laughing at Stewie's actions. "Ok, Skye, do you wanna go see Haley now or later?" I asked her, oncce we all regained composure. "Later, right now I need to look for a cheap hotel to stay in for a week. This was last minute, if you haven't noticed." "You can stay here, I have a  bunch of guest rooms.. Unless you want to stay with Halez." I told her, gaging her reaction. "Well, I'll talk to Hale about it and call you later." She told me."I actually miss my other best friend, can we go visit her now?" Skyler asked us. I nodded my head at Derek, "Ask your limo man," Skye laughed, and gave Derek the puppy-dog look. "Okiee.. Let's go. I'll just record the episode i'm watching for later....." He admitted defeat, as we trudged out to Derek's car and hopped in.

AUTHOR NOTE: didn't proof/edit this at all. I wanted to put this up so Skyler's day got a little better : D. Did it work?? :D (Ps, yes Skyler is a real person.)