chapter 23: read author's note

recap: Everyone on the couch started to laugh. REALLY hard.

_____PETE'S POV______

Oli walked into the room, "Oh... Hey guys, what's going on?" He asked the guys on the couch. "Nothin' really.. we have a show at ten tonight & it's like 10 minutes away, so we decided to stop by and see B-Haley!" Craig told Oli. "Craigiffer! You're calling me by my name now! Yayy!" Haley yelled, coming from the kitchen with Travie behind her. "Hi, Haley, I'm Oliver, or Oli, nice to formally meet you," Oli was saying to Haley. "Hi Oli, nice to meet you,"  She responded

____OLI'S POV_______

Wow, Haley seems really awesome, and her place looks like fun to hang at.  I'll probably be over here more often, because the place is so awesome, and Haley is here most of the time.  They have their own recording studio and Xbox in practically every room...It's siick!  Anyways, when I first walked in the door, Travie McCoy was legit screaming and jumping up and down. He started yelling at Haley and some gibberish words after taking another look at me.   "Oh, and Oli, that dazed-looking girl in the corner is my friend Skyler, and she's going to move in here in like a month. She's not exactly used to seeing famous people yet..." Haley told me, and I looked at the girl, who, I think, was in her right mind after hearing her name. "Hi!" She practically yelled at me. "Skye, was it this bad when you met Derek and Alex?" Haley asked her. "Pretty much.. But I couldn't scream, cuz it was a public airport..." She responded, laughing. I looked at Haley, and, after an hour, noticed how truly pretty she is. "So, Boobs, I was thinkin'.. Can we put your demo online for people to download? It was so good, and we all tweeted asking fans if they wanted covers done by a girl," Ronnie said. "The majority said yes, so can we?" Andy said. Haley nodded. "They're saved on the computer downstairs, we can do it now.. Come on guys." She said getting up. We walked down the stairs, and I was amazed when this GREAT singer's music was already playing on the computer. "Pete! Are you responsible for this???" Haley yelled up the stairs. We heard a giggling, and Pete saying something along the lines of ".....Maybe...." Andy turned to me, "Isn't Haley a great singer?" I was shocked. "That's Haley?" I asked everyone standing behind me, and they nodded.  "Wow...." I mumbled. Why haven't I heard of this chick before? "Wanna do a duet, Oli?" I heard Haley ask me, from sitting behind the computer. "Yeh sure..." I told her, "Kay guys, it's posted, everyone just has to tweet this link: http://www.soundcloud.com/asdfgh" (fake link)  "Haley, what do you wanna record?" I asked her, as I sat on the corner of the armchair next to the computer. "I have the instrumentals for.....  Don't Stop Believin' by Journey, you wanna screamo cover & I can add some killer beats to make it sound amazing?"  Haley said I nodded in shock... " hat sounds like a really, really good idea actually. Let's get it started...." I said to her. She put up a finger in a 'wait one minute' gesture, and called out the name Petie. Pete was bounding down the stairs soon after, and I heard her asking him to make hardcore beats on the keyboard. He agreed, and told us to go in the booth. Once we put on the headphones and stepped up to the mics in the booth, I heard the music start, "Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world. Tookk the city train goin' anywhere" Oli screamed, and I marveled at his voice until I had to start singing. "Just a city boy! Born and raised in South Detroit!" I belted into the mic. "Tone down the talent level, Halez. You're making Oli look un-proffessional." Travie said into my headphones. I nodded at him, aand watched as Oli sang the next verse, we joined together at the chorus, and  finished the song. I opened the door, and all I could hear was clapping. The whole group was downstairs by now, including the rest of FOB, and Brendon Urie. "That was great you guys!" Pete yelled out, and Travie responded with, "I got the beat come check it out Halez!" We both walked over there and heard what sounded like beatboxing." Add it to the song, and I'll play it back."  Pete was saying to Travie. Haley hit a button, and I watched in amazement as another line appeared on the screen. Haley dragged the beat onto the vocals line, and turned the speakers to blasting. Shhh!!!! Everybody hushed at the sound of our loud shushing. An amazing sound came out of the surround sound speakers, and every mouth in the room dropped after about thirty seconds. After the song was over, everyone was saying that it was incredibly good, and to download it onto a sharing site for free. Haley nodded, and did that. I snuck up behind her, and complimented her singing. She blushed, and  did the same thing.  Everybody was upstairs but us, and we were  the only ones left sitting in the basement just talking. That was, we were the only ones left. That xchanged when Travie ran downstairs screaming, "You're cured! I think! You're cured! Haleyyy I'm soo happyyyyy! Go talk to Pete, you just got a call from the CDC. I'll entertain Oli, and it's okay that I tell him; rightt??" Travie asked me excitedly.

_____HALEY'S POV_______

 I nodded, running up the stairs trying to find Pete. I found him sitting on the couch, smiling at nothing at all, that I know of... "Petie! What did the doctor say?" Pete looked up at me, and smiled. "He said you're blood test came back and it tested negative for lung cancer, but if you have problems, to just take the medicine! I'm so happy Haleyy!!!" Pete screamed & hugged me really tight.  "Chok....ing.... Leggo..." I wheezed into Pete's ear.  I grabbed my phone and ran back downstairs. Oli was looking at me in amazement. "Why didn't I know?" I laughed. "To be honest, last time I saw you I'm pretty sure you were high. I didn't think you knew who I was. I'm nobody important."  I told Oli. "Well, I was smashed until I  sold Christofer Drew the green, then I got high. I pretty much remembered you. You ARE important by the way, you're an un-proffessional singer who could put any of us to shame."  He said. "Right...  I'm a high school dropout, and a music enthusiast. wait one minute, I've gotta call Jordan and tell him the good news! I called Jordan and he was so excited for me, and I asked if he could call Stephen to tell him and my parents, and he said he would. We would be going out the next day to celebrate.  I suppose my life is normal(ish) for now.It can never be fully normal when you're living with an American Idiot, like Pete Wentz.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: 

the end! Just kidding, there's a sequel. It wil probably be up by tomorrow night. It's  going to be called;" I survived and Guess what? I've  Got a Love Like Woe," Be on the lookout! And, my two lovely fans, I hope that you enjoyed the story! ... And whoever else is reading, :) Ps: like how I added a little bit of song-fic in the end theree?